DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Frankenstein

filledb

I think that I have created a monster and I don't quite know how I did it. All she does all day is sit at the dining room table and stuff her face!

She refuses to sleep and never leaves the house.

I will redo it tonight (maybe it is because I put loads of food in her inventory)

Peace

Fille

Have you tried the wonderful NPC & AI class tutorials here? (In this same sub-forum)

Give it a try, or at least a read through, and you'll probably see where you went wrong.

No worries, I'm sure we've all created frankensteins :lol:

Yes, I have, and I agree with you, they are wonderful. The Frankenstein was created using the tutorials on this site.

And just as an update, I redid it last night using the recipe exactly and it worked except that my npc didn't come home after her wander. I think she has problems with the door.

Then I tried the homework exercise and I just couldn't get it to work.

Anyway I will keep on trucking....

Could you post up the details of your AI packages and the AI package list?, Screenshots will work perfectly fine too :yes:

Will do.

P.S. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein"

Ok, I seem to have gotten the NPC to work. I created a new one so now I have 2 in the same room.

Just a question though, they are eating and sleeping and they wander around the room all the time, but I was expecting them to wander outside, after all 2048 inches is over 50 yards? Is that right?

I still can't get my NPC to go shopping at the IC Market district but I downloaded a few of the other members package images and I will try again this weekend.

I would post the screenies but I can't for the life of me find out how to attach a file to this posting. I can email it to you if you'd like though.

xxx

I am beginning to tear my hair out.

My NPCs are now obediently eating and sleeping and wandering on cue, so no problem there.

I took one of the other students uploads and did the shopping trip to the Merchants in EXACTLY as he did, but the little cow refuses to budge *sigh* I swear if I could put in a pigsty, she would be in charge of that. Nevertheless, I will keep on trying.....

My question is this, when that script executes, must she be outside the house? I don't think so because I moved her outside to take care of the sheep and 4 o'clock came and went and she didn't go to the IC.

My next question is how come they can't open doors that are nearby? The reason I ask this is that the sheepgirl is right outside the house and there are 4 beds in the house. but went bedtime came, she walked halfway across Cyrodil in the night to a bandit camp and climbed under a tent there and slept instead of walking 10 feet, opening a door and jumping into bed. I put a tent and a bedroll outside which she now uses, but how do I make her go inside?

For the NPC going to bed, make sure the house and everything in it is set to Ownership - NPC Faction, and the Location of her sleep AI package points to the interior cell.

For the rest, as IS says, please post some screenshots of your AI packages. This guide here will help you create a spot on this site to upload pictures, and you can just link to them. It sounds like you've perhaps forgotten an option or two. :)

For the NPC going to bed, make sure the house and everything in it is set to Ownership - NPC Faction, and the Location of her sleep AI package points to the interior cell.

For the rest, as IS says, please post some screenshots of your AI packages. This guide here will help you create a spot on this site to upload pictures, and you can just link to them. It sounds like you've perhaps forgotten an option or two. :)

Thanks awfully, this is very helpful. I got the album thing sussed.

I will try again tonight, and feedback tomorrow hopefully with images.

xxx