DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in..Second Regeneration

WhoGuru

This thread is for the discussion of Doctor Who and any other British programming we all know and love and want to have happy little fan moments about.

The_11_Doctors11.jpg

250px-red_dwarf_logo.png

Father_ted_cast.jpg

areyoubeingserved_4_396x222.jpg

fawlty_towers_uk-show.jpg

And any other lovely British programming you've a mind to chat about.

:clap:

Always keeping the forum rules in mind, Father Ted for example...well some things we just can't quote here.

:rofl:

Old Threads:

The Doctor is in: First Regeneration:

and reposted from the last thread. :P

TardisChan pointed me to this. HAVE to share!! XD Adam Savage of the mythbusters busting a few moves in a farraday cage to the Peter Davison era Doctor Who theme as played by a couple Tesla Coils. Seriously. this is epic :rofl:

Ooohh! Thread regeneration! Hey Red, how many regenerations do threads about The Doctor get? 12? 507? As many as you want?

Oh, did anybody know the Daleks have insurance? Here's a recording of a Dalek trying to renew his home insurance:

Anyone have a similar experience? (I certainly have) It might be a bit more tolerable if they at least had some decent "hold" music, like the Shadow Proclamation. Their "hold" music is actually somewhat catchy:

Well, watched the big DW marathon yesterday. It was fun watching all those episodes back to back and it got me thinking (very dangerous when that happens :P ).

How good a duplicate is the Doctor-Ganger? Could he...regenerate like a normal Timelord? If so, is that who we saw die in the first episode?

Then there's the eyepatch lady we keep seeing. Could she actually be Romana? As far as I can recall, Romana never made it out of E-Space.

Told Who I would post these here, got the pics at Anime North during the Dr. Who Party (1st time ever), they got a bigger turn out then expected, as I had to deal with the line, room size, 90 ppl, number of ppl wanting in, 200~

IMG_0140.jpgIMG_0141.jpg

These are the only 2 Dr Who pics I got, if you want to see the anime-related ones, PM me for the link.

oh no.....oh no oh no oh no.....

Doctor Who is taking it's first steps towards circling the drain of modern TV series, as it's overarching story is starting to seep into each episode more and more.....getting ot the point where a 'previously on' segment is starting the show. It started in the last season (cracks of time comimng into the plot very often), and after watching this week episode....oh no.....

If they dont pull out of this road soon I dont see many more seasons of doctor who.

Still great episode......plenty of twists and finally some answers!

oh no.....oh no oh no oh no.....

Doctor Who is taking it's first steps towards circling the drain of modern TV series, as it's overarching story is starting to seep into each episode more and more.....getting to the point where a 'previously on' segment is starting the show. It started in the last season (cracks of time coming into the plot very often), and after watching this week episode....oh no.....

If they don't pull out of this road soon I don't see many more seasons of doctor who.

Still great episode......plenty of twists and finally some answers!

This isn't the first instance of serialization in Doctor Who. All twenty-six episodes of the sixteenth season were interlinked (the Key to time saga). Season twenty-three did the same thing (Trial of a Timelord saga). I actually like it when shows do this, as it lends a greater sense of continuity.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep the over arching story is not new to Doctor Who. It's been around since...the Second Doctor was it? With the Daleks chase through time series of eps.

I'm twitching already. I hate mid season breaks. :lmao: I admit, I was a bit blind. I knew River had to be someone special but...I didn't see that coming. :rofl: I was pleasantly shocked! LOL

I'm twitching already. I hate mid season breaks. :lmao:

Same here. It just feels like the show loses momentum when they go on break, especially when they end on a cliffhanger. Oh, if only I had a :tardis:

I admit, I was a bit blind. I knew River had to be someone special but...I didn't see that coming. :rofl: I was pleasantly shocked! LOL

I'd been suspecting it for a while. I'm sot sure exactly what tipped me off (I rarely am in situations like this), but I knew I was right when I saw the name "Melody".

Oh forgot to mention...I finished it. :wub:

253613_10150193755766184_662541183_7163799_5067468_n.jpg

That looks great! :clap:

Wait, is that Louisiana Hot Sauce on the table behind you?

Truly awesome scarf, Vyper! :trophy:

I just found out that Torchwood will only be carried on Starz Network here in the US (A pay-cable channel.) Anybody know if episodes will be on the net? The BBC website is less than helpful.

Truly awesome scarf, Vyper! :trophy:

I just found out that Torchwood will only be carried on Starz Network here in the US (A pay-cable channel.) Anybody know if episodes will be on the net? The BBC website is less than helpful.

I'd imagine it will be up on Hulu. :D Maybe Netflix.

...and that's my scarf. :P I made it. :lmao: Woot!

I'd imagine it will be up on Hulu. :D Maybe Netflix.

...and that's my scarf. :P I made it. :lmao: Woot!

Whoops! My Bad! :blush: I plead late-night (early morning) droops :doh: :sleeping:

Still it's truly awsome, but credit where it's due (now where is that cookie thingy? :dizzy: ) It's gotta be here somewhere :unsure: Oh, there it is. They hide it :cookie4u:

As for Hulu or Netflix, possibly. Since Stars is subscription I was hoping that the BBC would release them on its site soon after airing, like a lot of networks.

=======================

Well, well. This has turned out okay.

I went to the Starz website and found that they would probably offer episodes on the site post-airing. But I found that they were offering a $25 rebate for signing up for three months (long enough for the current season.) So then I went to DirecTV to see what it would cost and they were charging 11 dollars a month; so it would only cost me eight bucks. Even I can afford that.

Then they offered me three months of Showtime for free, too! Couldn't pass that up. then I found that I had been a subscriber so long that my current package was so out of date that I qualified the new one with 29 additional channels (most of which I will probably never watch anyway) for the same price.

Glad I didn't give up.

Edited by Edouard

• 1 month later...