DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in..Second Regeneration

WhoGuru

Watched all the way up to Episode 5, the Big Bang (with the pandorica box). There are no other seasons available on DVD, is that all there is until 8/27 or am I missing a whole bunch of episodes?

That's the last episode of series 5. There's still the first seven episodes of the current series to see, which are available on DVD here.

• 2 months later...

Wow, been a while since anyone posted in here. I really enjoyed the last few episodes of the season. The last one had a few twists I hadn't expected (although the Doctor's "death" ruse wasn't one of them-figured that out in 'Let's Kill Hitler"). I've recently come across what may become a new meme: Rory Williams Facts. These are like Chuck Norris Facts, just set in the DW universe. Here's a few I've seen:

The universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded. <--- My personal favorite.

Rory Williams cleans bedpans by scarring the poo out of them.

Death once had a Near-Rory Experience.

A Dalek begged River Song for mercy because it knew who her father was. She granted it mercy by not calling her father.

Rory Willimas is here to kiss his wife or kick your butt. And he doesn't see his wife.

Rory Williams shot his fiancé. She still married him.

Rory Williams once punched the Eleventh Doctor. The First Doctor felt it.

Rory Williams once got into a staring contest with a Weeping Angel. And won.

Rory Williams is the reason Daleks learned to climb stairs.

That which doesn't kill Rory Williams only makes him stronger. In addition, that which does kill Rory Williams also makes him stronger.

Rory Williams uses the Vashta Narada as shade.

Chuck Norris wants to be a nurse.

Daleks? Aim for the eyestalk. Sontarans? Back of the neck. Rory? Run. Just run.

• 2 months later...

Wow, been a while since anyone posted in here. I really enjoyed the last few episodes of the season. The last one had a few twists I hadn't expected (although the Doctor's "death" ruse wasn't one of them-figured that out in 'Let's Kill Hitler"). I've recently come across what may become a new meme: Rory Williams Facts. These are like Chuck Norris Facts, just set in the DW universe. Here's a few I've seen:

The universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded. <--- My personal favorite.

Rory Williams cleans bedpans by scarring the poo out of them.

Death once had a Near-Rory Experience.

A Dalek begged River Song for mercy because it knew who her father was. She granted it mercy by not calling her father.

Rory Willimas is here to kiss his wife or kick your butt. And he doesn't see his wife.

Rory Williams shot his fiancé. She still married him.

Rory Williams once punched the Eleventh Doctor. The First Doctor felt it.

Rory Williams once got into a staring contest with a Weeping Angel. And won.

Rory Williams is the reason Daleks learned to climb stairs.

That which doesn't kill Rory Williams only makes him stronger. In addition, that which does kill Rory Williams also makes him stronger.

Rory Williams uses the Vashta Narada as shade.

Chuck Norris wants to be a nurse.

Daleks? Aim for the eyestalk. Sontarans? Back of the neck. Rory? Run. Just run.

This is great.

Ever since I was told I resembled the 10th doctor, David Tenant, I've become obsessed with obtaining a sonic screwdriver, but not just any old plastic toy. I'd like for this one to actually do something useful and feel and sound authentic. So far I haven't seen anything to this effect. I'm probably going to have to custom make it or have it custom made. :lol: Any assistance with this quest would be appreciated :D

Edited by Rowan

Here's a potentially interesting scenario:

Clark Kent is in London covering a story. Suddenly, aliens attack (again).

The TARDIS is (naturally) on a street corner nearby. (I mean, where else would it be, right?)

Clark Kent is also on said nearby street corner. He sees a big blue phone booth and thinks "I didn't know they still had those things around, but it's a perfect place for me to change into Superman."

The result? See below:

superheroes-batman-superman-dammit-dr-who.jpg

Who would be more surprised here? Superman or the Doctor?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I may have to dedicate a little bit of time to watching this show (and by a little, I mean a whole lot considering how much of it there is XD ). I've gotta say, this was one of the first topics on this forum I happened upon when I came here and watching that trailer now has got me really interested.

I may have to dedicate a little bit of time to watching this show (and by a little, I mean a whole lot considering how much of it there is XD ). I've gotta say, this was one of the first topics on this forum I happened upon when I came here and watching that trailer now has got me really interested.

I would suggest as a new person, dont worry about the old series, just watch from the 2006 reboot series....as the really old ones from decades ago are much harder to get started with.

Methinks I'll give the new season a go, but I must admit that I'm not a fan of Matt Smith as the Doctor. I've tried to like him in the role, but can't get there. There have been some really good episodes, but they are too few and far between and the bad ones are usually really bad. I tend to lose interest in watching after a while, which is sad really.

And just so you guys know, I grew up with Dr. Who (Jon Pertwee was the first doctor I saw on TV). I lost interest after Peter Davison finished his stint, though, until it was rebooted with Christopher Eccleston. Saw the movie too, but I don't count that.

Edited by Seraphiel

Methinks I'll give the new season a go, but I must admit that I'm not a fan of Matt Smith as the Doctor. I've tried to like him in the role, but can't get there. There have been some really good episodes, but they are too few and far between and the bad ones are usually really bad. I tend to lose interest in watching after a while, which is sad really.

And just so you guys know, I grew up with Dr. Who (Jon Pertwee was the first doctor I saw on TV). I lost interest after Peter Davison finished his stint, though, until it was rebooted with Christopher Eccleston. Saw the movie too, but I don't count that.

Agreed, Matt Smith doesn't interest me much.....I also dont really like Amy Pond as a companion.....that character bores me a bit compared to some of the other ones.

Jon Pertwee was awesome. Perfectly charming to the bad guys and consistently rude to his friends! I remember being in tears at school after he "died" and was replaced by this daft curly-haired yobbo (I may have already said that). I loved Dr Who until near the end of Tom Baker's tenure when they started trying to modernise it; never liked Peter Davison much, kind of David Tennant mk. 1.