DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in..Second Regeneration

WhoGuru

Jon Pertwee was awesome. Perfectly charming to the bad guys and consistently rude to his friends! I remember being in tears at school after he "died" and was replaced by this daft curly-haired yobbo (I may have already said that). I loved Dr Who until near the end of Tom Baker's tenure when they started trying to modernise it; never liked Peter Davison much, kind of David Tennant mk. 1.

Haha... "daft curly-haired yobbo" indeed he was, but lovable as well. :) I remember my shock and dismay when Tom Baker first appeared, but like so many others I grew to love him over time. Plus he had most of my favourite assistants/companions during his time. I never warmed to Peter Davison either, but it was Colin Baker who really killed it for me. Sylvester McCoy was slightly better, IMO, but I'd become only an occasional watcher of Doctor Who by then so didn't see too many of the Sylvester McCoy storylines.

I must admit that I did enjoy David Tennant in the role, though. Not all the time, but on the whole I did. A pity he was given a stupid drawn out death, though.

Haha... "daft curly-haired yobbo" indeed he was, but lovable as well. :) I remember my shock and dismay when Tom Baker first appeared, but like so many others I grew to love him over time. Plus he had most of my favourite assistants/companions during his time. I never warmed to Peter Davison either, but it was Colin Baker who really killed it for me. Sylvester McCoy was slightly better, IMO, but I'd become only an occasional watcher of Doctor Who by then so didn't see too many of the Sylvester McCoy storylines.

I think Tom Baker definitely became my all-time favourite Doctor pretty rapidly; and though some of the special effects of the time sometimes look a bit wobbly to me as an adult, they were terrifying through a ten-year-old's eyes! Colin Baker I just can't make up my mind about. I wasn't impressed at the time but when watching some re-runs he wasn't as objectionable as I recalled; I think there was probably an element of "trying too hard" which instead of being zany was often irritating. I suspect what really stymied him and McCoy (who I think had the potential to be a memorable Doctor) is that the show had been turned from a fairly serious children's drama to a pantomime by that point, though I think there was an effort by Michael Grade who had a personal dislike of the programme to be able to point and say "look how bad it is, we need to cancel it."

Russell T Davies made the programme an awful lot more credible, although I personally think it's unfortunate that he kept the pantomime element going too, which is perhaps part of the reason I grew a bit weary of David Tennant's Doctor; though I did enjoy Christopher Ecclestone's version an awful lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The mid season finale almost made me cry. I hate to see the ponds go but here is hoping the new companion is just as good.

When I was watching that all I could think of was "I can hear the 'sad music' playing, and I know they are trying to tug on the heartstrings.....but i simply don't feel anything".

I really disliked the personality they gave Amy Pond......so I had no attachment to her.

I didn't mind her, didn't like Rory though, found him annoying XD

I was the exact oppersite, I thought Rory was a great character.....got a bit weird in the last bit with him....but he was a good character. He worked well cause he wasn't useless....he saved the day more then once.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just got back from Anime North 2013 in Toronto and this year, like last year there were boat-loads of Whovians there but this year had something I was extremely sad to say I missed but found the videos off on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/u4nxlk-tLjY

http://youtu.be/CPz5uGYo4p0

http://youtu.be/SfmtaHVlIbs

http://youtu.be/dMKP_lgqENE

On a side note, apparently the AN staff running the TCC (I was staff at the Double Tree across the street) had these guys help clear out the TCC when it was shutting down lol

Edited by Si-Shen

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This thread has been sleeping too long.

We've had three episodes with Peter Capaldi so what are your general thoughts on this regeneration? I for one am enjoying Doctor Who again after going off it during Matt Smith's tenure. I'm very pleased that they have brought back an older actor to play the role - it's hard to believe that Peter is the same age that William Hartnell was when he first started.

I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.  :)

Thoughts?