DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Unofficial TESA Foodie thread

WhoGuru

Anyone who's been in the Shoutbox for more than an hour is no doubt aware that we TESA forumites default too...on any subject at any time no matter how fascinating the conversation.....Food. :wub: We love food in a way generally reserved for mistresses and small furry animals. We understand that food is more than just something to stuff your face with. It's comfort and fun and bliss.

So strap on your bib and pull up a stool and discuss that which we all secretly, or not so secretly, love most on any given day. :pints: Food. Talk food, share favorite recipes, give us a review of the last restaurant you went too, whatever tickles your taste buds.

spaghetti_and_cheese-842.jpg

surf_and_turf1.jpg

sushi.jpg

pizza.jpg

I've just made and enjoyed a dinner I've been craving for a damn week. :lmao: Spaghetti. Made some amazing Garlic sauce with ground turkey in it over noodles with some lovely buttery rolls. :drool: Now enjoying that euphoric, I got my craving, feeling.

:wub:

I`m pretty simple in my tastes...if i make it..it`s usually good. :rofl:...Here`s what I`ve been doing lately...in a 23 quart stock pot.

Split pea soup...:

Ingredients:

1lb bag of dried split peas

1 onion ( anything except red onion...great for sandwiches but not so much for cooking with)

1 head fresh garlic, skinned and cleaned

1 teaspoon liquid smoke

1lb peeled baby carrots

1-1 1/2 lb ham cut into smallish pieces ( I use whatever I have left over. I save the bones from shank hams bought when on sale)

salt as required

serrano peppers/jalapeno (if desired)

Place ham(or bones) in stock pot. cover with 9 cups of water (Ive experimented with dark beer here) and simmer till meat is tender (or falls off bone) with several slices of onion chopped. 4 cloves of garlic minced. Liquid smoke, and salt (fresh ground pepper adds some too). If you need to make a quick store run do it now...

If using bones now take them out one by one and strip meat adding back into pot till done

If not add split peas...bring to boil, then quickly reduce to simmer with the lid tilted, add rest of ingredients including carrots (which should be room temp) cook 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep bottom from burning.If carrots come straight from fridge it will kill the simmer so adjust as necessary.

When peas thicken the soup a bit...kill the heat and let stand without lifting the lid about 5 minutes.

Return to lowest heat till simmerring and check...if good...serve...or wait a bit till it is...

All ingredients can be modified (it`s what we do after all) I`ve done this with beef and chicken. By the way...this can be made for about $5.00 depending on the meat used.

Enjoy...

Oh yeah...this can take a couple/few hours all together..

Edited by donnato

I saw this fruit display at the old folks home I worked at years ago.

That is awesome!!

I`m pretty simple in my tastes...if i make it..it`s usually good. :rofl:...Here`s what I`ve been doing lately...in a 23 quart stock pot.

Coming over for dinner don! :drool:

Graham crackers with cake icing, ice cream with soda in it, pizza, and doughnuts. Also known as why I'm not gonna make it to 20 without having a heart attack.

Nothing wrong with a heart attack on a plate! :rofl: I hope.

• Upvote 1

See we devolve to food chat because it's a known fact that modding makes you forget basic survival things like feeding oneself. So the moment someone (who remembered to eat) mentions food, we are all suddenly reminded that we haven't eaten. :rofl:

This is one of our family faves Chicken and Dumplings

creamy-chicken-and-dumplings-13.jpg

Passed on from my depression era Gran, this is one that always says home and comfort in a dish. And like elven waybread, one small bite is enough to fill the belly of a grown man. XD

Ohhh, we're a chicken and dumplings family, too. Our dumpling recipe is on the Bisquick box. :lmao: But we love it. A lot of our family's favorite recipes involve Bisquick or cream-of-something soup. We all love to cook, and eat, but all the families have been busy ones. XD

In the spirit of speedy tastiness, I share with you my Awesome Banana Pancakes. Warning: we never measure things unless we're baking, so this is done "by eye".

1. Cut one banana, first into length-wise quarters, and then into thin slices (¼" is too thick, probably, but just do your best).

2. Follow recipe on Bisquick box for pancakes to make the batter, but add a large squirt of vanilla extract and a pinch of brown sugar to it before mixing. Mix most of the way, then add the chopped banana, then finish mixing.

3. These pancakes need to cook a bit longer than regular pancakes, so use a bit less heat than you normally would, and cook them more slowly.

4. To prepare a plate of these pancakes, top with more sliced banana and crumbled granola cereal (or crushed corn flakes, or Cocoa Pebbles, or whatever suits you - the crunch is the important part). Go a bit light on the syrup, because these pancakes will already be pretty sweet. For that reason, I recommend plain ole' butter syrup above fancy maple varieties.

Pro Tip: My daughter likes to shove bacon strips between her pancakes and eat them together. Do recommend. XD

• Upvote 1

See we devolve to food chat because it's a known fact that modding makes you forget basic survival things like feeding oneself. So the moment someone (who remembered to eat) mentions food, we are all suddenly reminded that we haven't eaten. :rofl:

I think DarkRider nailed it. :D

Yesterday I had an incredible Calamari sandwich from a local seafood place. If anyone gets a chance to have one, don't be put off by the fact that it's squid. It's tastes much better than it sounds. :D

• Upvote 1

For me, nothing can beat Hungarian Goulash (Pörkölt): Lots of onions, garlic, paprika added to the meat, cooking slowly for quite a while...

I can agree, to some extent at least, but of course above should be served with WS! Otherwise - bleah :P Though still, onion and garlic are cool ;D

For me, nothing can beat Hungarian Goulash (Pörkölt): Lots of onions, garlic, paprika added to the meat, cooking slowly for quite a while...

connie_witchy.gif

Hmm nomnomnomnom

tamira I`s sure like to see a full recipe for this please? Sounds like something I would really like to make. Yummm

My family's been making a bastard version of Ghoulash for decades. XD Basically elbow noodles, some form of ground, browned meat, corn, onions, garlic, peppers, in a spaghetti sauce and cooked for several hours. :rofl: Made some today actually with yesterdays left over spaghetti sauce!

:drool:

And Calamari is the king of delicious seafood :wub:

Also Worcestershire DOES make almost everything better. :P

A quick and easy sauce.

1. Crumble a good sized block of strong Stilton cheese into a pan.Experiment here to find the right amount for your taste buds :)

2. Add about 1 tablespoon of white wine

3.Gently simmer until the cheese turns to liquid,unlike cheddar etc,Stilton will render down to a liquid

4.Stir in a shop bought jar of bolognese sauce,In this country the brands we use are Ragu or Dolmia,a nice herby one works best.

5.Heat gently and serve over pork loins and chips (french fries)

Here's a traditional recipe from my family.

Step 1: Locate a package of ramen noodles. Not that crappy 50 cent apiece store stuff, but prime 12 cent packets bought by the crate.

2: Open the packet, dump into bowl.

3. Eat raw.

Delicious!

:rofl: I snack on this ALL the time! Makes great modding food! I break em up and pour the powder on em. Mmmmm

:cry:

I wish I knew how to cook "real" food.

I'm a corn dog and tortino party pizza person...

DarkRider, your C&D's look very tasty, I love C&D... my grandmother makes it from scratch, also from the depression era (she was a wee-kid at the time)

:drool:

tamira I`s sure like to see a full recipe for this please? Sounds like something I would really like to make. Yummm

Well my recipe for Hungarian goulash (pörkölt) is mostly a „depends on“

1. Meat: Depends on your personal taste, beef, pork or both mixed. Chop into pieces (cubes ~ 3-4 cm). Quantitiy: depends on how big your family, hunger, cooking-pot is

2. Onions: Chop into pieces. Quantity: Depends on how long you can stand chopping without crying your eyes off, but at least the same quantity as meat

3. Garlic: Chop several cloves into little pieces. Quantity: Depends on how many you may use without being hacked and sliced by your wife/friend/employer/dog/cat but at least 3-4 (cooked garlic isn’t that aggressive)

4. Paprika-powder: There are two sorts, hot and mild. I only use the mild, the other simply burns your throat. Quantity: Depends on your personal taste, but at least one big spoonful

5. Fresh ground black pepper to your personal taste

6. Some tomatoes (peeled) to add some colour

7. Salt or clear soup (stock)

Get your biggest cooking-pot, cover the ground with a good oil (without particular taste of its own), add the meat, allow to roast gently for several minutes, then add the onions etc. and let it cook gently, stir every now and then, only add water if necessary, until the onions have gone to pulp and the meat can be parted with a spoon.

Serve with: dumplings/noodles/rice/French white bread/nothing at all.

No warranty from my side granted

Tamira, we usually first out onions on oil and when onion "melts" (well not really melts but does its thing) then add meat. :)

Btw, here's something that's not my favourite, but it's done fast...

In one pot cook some spaghetti, put some oil and salt in the water first, while in other pot put some oil, then chopped onions, afterwards put a can of tuna and some passata and stir non-stop until it's done. 15-20 minutes with all the preparation and your lunch or dinner is ready. :)

Edited by washington

Tamira, we usually first out onions on oil and when onion "melts" (well not really melts but does its thing) then add meat. :)

Well I did not claim my recipe to be original, this is just how I am used to make it. I don't know where you are from, maybe you have closer look at the original. :D

By the way, another of my favorite dishes is noodle casserole (simple but tasty) but I fear, I could not describe the recipe (lack of the right terms). :blush: