DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Unofficial TESA Foodie thread

WhoGuru

:woot: Tamira thank you. I can`t wait to try your goulash recipe. Very well written. I`m used to our family cookbook where it is described as "...a pinch of this,,,a dash of that...cook in a slow / fast oven till done..." :rofl:

This was written by one of my aunts who collected favorite recipes from everyone in the family and yes...most come from depression era folks of Norwegian descent. My grandfather used to describe my grandma`s hazel nut balls as "musket balls" because they were very hard and best soaked in hot coffee briefly...sooo good.

Well I did not claim my recipe to be original, this is just how I am used to make it. I don't know where you are from, maybe you have closer look at the original. :D

By the way, another of my favorite dishes is noodle casserole (simple but tasty) but I fear, I could not describe the recipe (lack of the right terms). :blush:

Neither do I claim anything, but to stew onions is pretty standard procedure in cooking afaik. :) I was just surprised to see that someone does it other way around. I'll have to try that and see for myself.

-reads thread, takes notes-

What an awsome thread!

After making the local sushi bar our second home, me and the girlfriend decided to give making it a try... and its actually really easy and fun!

DSC0000040.jpg

Ended up with LOAADSS more than we thought we did... must of cost a little more than a fiver, and its normally £1.70 for four little segments in a sushi bar!

Mmm, sushi. We've made it ourselves as well- in fact, we even prepared it for a Thanksgiving dinner once, since we weren't able to spend it with our families that year. Twas delicious!

Okay, my husband baked these for my birthday today, and ohmigod they were sooooo crazy good. Mellow, milk chocolate-y goodness. Here's the recipe he followed, found at Epicurious:

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter

8 ounces fine-quality milk chocolate, chopped

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Prep:

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.

Melt butter and half of chocolate in a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is glossy and smooth.

Whisk together remaining ingredients, then stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate.

Spread batter in pan and bake until a wooden pick or skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs adhering, 25 to 30 minutes.

They said that this recipe yields 16 brownies, but that's just prim, diet-obsessed rubbish. We estimate it makes nine indulgently sized brownies. :P

Well this is a new Arion's quickie chichen salad ...

1 - rotisserie chicken chilled over night

1 - medium sized onion

Mayo

Brown Mustard

Relish

6 - hard boiled eggs

salt and pepper to taste

Paprika

Take all the white meat from both sides of the breast and put it in your food processor.

Take medium size onion and quarter it and toss it in with the chicken.

Add 4 hard boiled eggs just before you have your desired chopiness so they aren't over chopped.

Chop until finely chopped or to your preference.

Take chicken and onion mixture and put in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze brown mustard from jar making designs around the surface of the chicken mixture. Throw a glob (maybe 1/2 a handful) of Mayo on the mixture. With a large table spoon put 2 heaping spoons of relish in . Fold the ingredients together with a mixing spatula until well mixed.

Slice the 2 remaining hard boiled eggs and lay the slices on top of your chicken salad in the bowl and sprinkle a light dusting of paprika on sliced eggs..

Break out loaf of break and ring the dinner bell.

Oooh, I can try my hand at pea recipes donnato. I don't like peas and there are only two ways I'll eat them; one hot, one cold :lmao:

Peas and Pearl Onions

10 oz. pkg. frozen peas (I prefer frozen over canned) Fresh works best 1 1/4 cups

1 tbsp. butter

1/2 tsp. salt

Dash of pepper

1 cup whole pearl onions

1 tbsp. flour

1 cup milk

Grated Parmesan cheese

In a covered saucepan cook peas and pearl onions in boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain peas and onions well.

Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Pour over vegetables; stir to coat. Serve in sauce dishes with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings. (My Grandmother never used Parmesan Cheese, but it adds a nice flavor and her original recipe calls for canned milk cut with water instead of milk).

Green Pea Salad

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen small peas (Frozen or fresh, canned peas do not work too well for this)

1 tart red apple

3 green onions, thinly sliced

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 - 1 tsp. horseradish

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper

2 tsp. lemon juice

Turn peas from package into colander. Run hot water over until just thawed. Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly. Without peeling apple, core and chop. Combine in bowl drained peas, chopped apple, and onion.

Dressing: Combine sour cream, horseradish, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add to salad and mix lightly. Dressing can be made a day ahead. Serve in bowl lined with crisp greens. Yield 4-6 servings.

All ingredients are flexible; a little more, a little less - experimentation is fun!

Those pea recipes are making me drool, Lilith. Yum!

Okay, times are tight, so today I will share two of my favorite cheap and tasty (and super easy) recipes, one for a creamy, lemony tuna pasta salad, and another for....cauliflower. Yes, cauliflower.

Tuna Pasta Salad- START!

ingredients:

3/4 cup mayonnaise

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 lb penne rigate, freshly cooked to tender, rinsed under cold water, and drained

1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest

1 (6-oz) can tuna packed in olive oil, drained (doesn't really need to be packed in olive oil, but oil-packed is a must)

1 (15-oz) can white beans, rinsed and drained

1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil

prep:

Whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.

protip: Makes a very fine sandwich spread if you forgo the penne. Dayum tasty.

Roasted Cauliflower

ingredients:

1 medium head cauliflower (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide florets (8 cups)

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 teaspoon salt

preparation:

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.

Toss cauliflower with oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread in 1 layer in a large shallow baking pan (1 inch deep) and roast, stirring and turning over occasionally, until tender and golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.

This simple recipe results in lightly caramelized, yet satisfyingly salty cauliflower that is very tasty, and you don't need to be a cauliflower fan to like it. Heaven knows I'm not. :wicket:

Traditional Scotch Lamb Stovies

Ingredients

Approx. 200g (7oz) leftover roast Scotch Lamb leg or shoulder, roughly diced

1 tbsp good quality dripping (or Scottish butter)

900g (2lb) Scottish potatoes, thinly sliced

2 medium onions, finely chopped

4 tbsp stock, leftover gravy or water

A large pinch of ground nutmeg or allspice

1 tbsp freshly snipped chives or chopped parsley

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cooking Method

Melt the dripping or heat the oil in a large heavy-based flameproof casserole or frying pan.

Gently stir in half the potatoes and onion, coating in the dripping. Cook for a couple of minutes then stir in half the meat and pour on the stock, water or gravy.

Add the remaining ingredients in layers, seasoning thoroughly as you go.

Cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Do not be tempted to lift the lid during cooking but gently shake the pan occasionally.

Eat

Carefully invert out onto a serving plate and garnish with a scattering of fresh herbs.

Enjoy in the traditional fashion with oatcakes

Oh man!! This is good stuff...foodie thread`s smokin` today...Lilith...I`m adding slivered almonds to your creamed peas....this is GREAT...Thank you all...GW...Pasta salad is my favorite salad...your`s takes the cake..Stoney...Damn!!!...I gotta try that one...wow!