DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Custom Worldspace map

DsoS

I'm really not sure what to ask for, so I'll just ask this...

How do I create a custom map that shows in game when the players are in my custom worldspace?

You know the big map on the first tab of the map section.

Hopefully you understand what I'm asking for....

Last night, I was in my mod doing some testing and I got lost like crazy, oh about 5, 6, 7+ times :bagged:

I get a map to show my worldspace, but it doesn't show my position or anything really. It has the Fog of War, and it uncovers, but the position is way off.

Anyone have any ideas/tips on this?

thing is, I haven't created any map or anything about coords in the CS. As far as LOD goes, the only way i know to create LOD is using TES4LOD or something like that. If it's done in the CS I have no clue.

Stupid internet at work :curse: ... See post above

Ah, alright then, leme run though the steps.

1) change the name of your menus folder from "menus" to "Menus"

2) Follow the directions for creating LOD textures in this tutorial

3) Take generated LOD and open it up in an image editor of your choice. Combine the images into one large image - this will be your map.

4) Make it pretty, if you want. I believe you'll need to rotate the LOD in order to have it match up with your worldspace, do this. If your map is not a multiple of 2, expand the canvas until it is. Make sure the map proper is in a corner.

5) Save as DTX1 w/o mipmaps (I think) in the Menus folder.

6) In the CS, go to World>World Spaces and find your worldspace.

7) Click "Add Image File" and add your map.

8) Under Usable Dimentions, put in the dimentions of your map, sans any blank space added to make it a multiple of 2. Under Cell Coordinates, add in the coordinates that your map covers.

9) Save, and it should work.

I'll see about making or finding a fancy tutorial.