DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] 3ds Max Nif plugin for 2012/11 with 32/64-bit

LHammonds

I'm not even sure if I will get a single working plugin but I am in the process of attempting to build updated versions of the existing NifTools plugins...not in terms of functionality but just to work with the newer versions of 3ds Max.

The 1st version I am tackling is 2012 32-bit. I am documenting the technical garbage on the NifTools Forums but there is no need to visit there unless you are just into that kinda stuff but please don't post there unless you are helping with the compilation issues or trying to build your own.

As I start to get a working version of this plugin (nowhere near that point yet), I would like to request volunteers that have 2012 32-bit installed and knows how to use it or has models they can run through the import and export to see if they work. Do we have any members here that fit this profile?

I'd recommend at least the following checklist items to test the functionality of the plugin (features noted here):

Import

• Weapon (with dynamic collision)
  • Rock or furniture (with static collision)
  • Armor (with rigging)
  • Animation Idle (.kf)
  • Body (skin deform)

Export

• Weapon (with dynamic collision)
  • Rock or furniture (with static collision)
  • Armor (with rigging)
  • Animation Idle (.kf)
  • Body (skin deform)

Feel free to suggest other items that should be tested. I'm not familiar with 3ds Max or how the plugin worked in earlier versions.

Mirrored Topic: The Nexus Forums, Bethsoft Forums, CanadianIce

:salute: reporting for duty.

Im more of a static/clutter guy although i know how to bone and skin a body (wow, that didnt come out right). I know that, right now, importing .kf animations is a pain in the proverbial backside. Sometimes it works but most of the time the meshes get all messed up.

Anyway, count me in. Its not like theres a ton of max users in the modding community, we have to help each other out.

And this finally prompted my _____ husband to sign up and get back to working on this :D So, you've got some help LHammonds :)

We've been looking at this for the last few months, but needed to get up to speed on Max. My husband is a professional programmer, but not familiar at all with plugin programming for 3ds Max. His id on the NifTools forum is jdigriz. So he'll see you there.