DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Combat Glitch

Aranas

I just recently picked Oblivion back up, and I seem to have ran into an odd glitch that freezes hostiles. When I say "freeze" I mean they will not run towards me. If they're using magic and a bow, they will still attack from a far, but the will never move from their spot at the beginning of combat. I'm not sure if this is caused by a mod, or what. Anybody have any clues that might lead me to solving this admittedly helpful, but immersion breaking glitch?

More details would be helpful. Where were you when this occurred? Have you gone to other dungeons/areas to check if it still happens? Were these mod added locations/enemies or vanilla?

Most marksmen will not run toward you, they need to keep their distance. Same with some magic users, mostly necromancers. Also if there are too many enemies in the cell at the same time animation will 'freeze' or appear to freeze and get glitchy.

So, a little more detail and yes, a load order is always helpful. :)

Actually, what Tardischan told me helped out a lot. I lowered my graphics a bit, and the NPCs went back to normal. I guess if your processor isn't strong enough, combat mods will stop working... Or something. =/