DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Happy and Bad Memories

JulianSull

I don't want to reveal anything major, but the next mod I'm making has a necessity for places in Oblivion that are "Happy Memories" and places that are "Bad Memories". So, my question is where in Oblivion were the funnest and happiest things for you and where were the most annoying and scary things (Not including bugs).

Hmmm well the most annoying and scary were,for me, in the oblivion gates with figuring how to get in/out of the towers requiring underground tunnel navigation or the order in which to extend bridges from which towers to reach the main tower housing the sigil stones...happiest/funniest...hmm..Lord Rudgumph had me in stiches all throuh that little quest line...there were more but I`m finding it difficult to be specific here...just so many.

• 9 months later...

Well the saddest for me is the ending, but doing something about that would be a major challenge. Yes, I'm a Martin fan. :D

I also loved the Lord Rudgumph quest. My favourite quest is the last one in the Thieves Guild for the sheer coolness factor, but I'm not sure if that's what you're after.

I got used to the Gates after while, but I would use a cheat mod to close the ones I didn't have to do and would use levitation spells to climb up the mountains when needed. I just got tired of them after a while. I did like the one Arthmoor threw into one of his village mods - it was unique. I think that was Vergayun.

Great/funny memories:

• The first taking in of the view after leaving the Imperial Sewers
  • The ending conversation between a certain mister and a certain missus at the conclusion of the TG quest chain
  • Visiting the Jemane brothers after restoring Weatherleah to them
  • Informing Valus Odiil that the goblins at his farm have been defeated and his sons are safe
  • Winning that first Arena match
  • Vanquishing Logren Benirus
  • Freeing the Forlorn Watchman
  • The entire Aleswell situation
  • Meeting & helping Mazoga
  • Re-uniting Rythe Lathandas & his wife after rescuing him
  • Eating S'jirra's famous Potato Bread

Sad/Scary memories:

• Defeating the Gray Prince
  • Finding the dead MG members at Wellspring Cave
  • Not being able to save Aleron Loche at Fort Grief
  • Aldos Othran's unfair death in Cheydinhal
  • Being trapped onboard the Bloated Float as it was being hijacked
  • The ogres of Pale Pass while searching for the Draconian Madstone
  • Retrieving the crystal ball from the Serpent's Wake
  • Willingly putting on the manacles in Paradise
  • First glimpse of Mehrunes Dagon
  • Martin's sacrifice, of course

• 4 months later...

I actually never ran into the Flyyyyinnnn guy til yesterday when i reloaded oblivion. He is a riot. Most fun, the Oblivion dark brotherhood chatter between members. Very little beats an orc discussing his hit that interrupted a birthday party *If i remember right*

Saddest, was seeing Elder scrolls online announced. I might get flamed for this, but if what happened to Kotor happens here Ill be one sad breton.....

On a different note, anyone think the DB in skyrim doesnt quite have the same charm as oblivion????

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Happiest moment: finally defeating that blasted Orc in Fort Blueblood.

Saddest moment: having to kill Umbra.

I managed to finish that quest without having to kill Umbra, but stealing the sword from her is a lot harder than killing her.    

In the Dark Brotherhood quests, I really looked for another option when it came to killing "Sibby" Draconis, but there was no alternative but to kill her. 

What is it about mentally disturbed women that makes them so endearing?    In the end I justified it by saying that she was too far gone to be saved.