DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[In-Dev] Winterfell & Godswood

DarkRider

Banner02.png

Author: DarkRider

Version: Pre-Alpha Planning

Last Update: 07.July.2011

winterfell-game-of-thrones-1-1.jpg

Description02.png

Winterfell & Godswood is a plugin for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The project is based on the novel A Game of Thrones, the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series by American author George R. R. Martin. Additional visual concepts have been taken from the HBO mini series of the same title, which is a fairly faithful reproduction of the original text. The plugin will offer an equally faithful recreation of the territory of Winterfell, including the Godswood where the old gods still whisper, with an emphasis on new modelwork and detailing.

:read: Note: The development on this is going to be sap slow at this time, mostly just collecting background info, making notes, collecting concept screens. Primary focus is still on Reclaiming Sancre Tor, an Oblivion Expansion. Once that project is completed, work will begin full swing on this.

Content02.png

• Custom Architecture Inside and Out!
  • Unique Clutter and Furnishings!
  • Familiar Characters!
  • A Detailed Recreation of Winterfell
  • New Mini Quests!
  • Hidden Treasures!
  • Mindbending Puzzles!
  • New Weapons and Shields!
  • Dire Wolf Companions!
  • And much more!!!

Project02.png

Winterfell Project Forum on TES Alliance *Closed to the Public Until Skyrim's Release*

Media02.png

In Dev Gallery Concept Pics, Early WIP Meshes, and More

LatestVideo02.png

*Coming Soon*

Status02.png

This project entered the planning phase on July 01, 2011

â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ- 20% Planning/Design

â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ- 0% Development

Recruiting02.png

Winterfell & Godswood is not currently recruiting, but if this is a project you would really like to participate in for one reason or another, and you have skills/experience to share, feel free to send me a PM. At this time there is nothing to be actively done on the project until Skyrim's release.

You might already have seen this, but I'm linking in case you haven't. The SoIaF wiki, and the Citadel (SoIaF's version of TIL, but perhaps even more epic). You'll be particularly interested in the concordance section, which has quotations and page numbers for all descriptions of everything.

What time period will this take place?

Like I said in the shouty, I love SoIaF, and you have my support all the way.

• Upvote 1

You might already have seen this, but I'm linking in case you haven't. The SoIaF wiki, and the Citadel (SoIaF's version of TIL, but perhaps even more epic). You'll be particularly interested in the concordance section, which has quotations and page numbers for all descriptions of everything.

Spooky how you read my mind, I was actually going to PM you to ask what sort of links you might be able to send my way on just this subject! This is perfect, will help me flesh out my breakdown of the text section! Super cookies for you! :cookie4u::super:

But....but we don't even know what the new CS will be like..and you're planning? XD

Well, this particular project was chosen because of it's vast majority of custom models as I plan on mastering the Blender beast once and for all once RST is finished. So, as long as the new CK can put new models into the worldspace, that's all I need really XD If the devs could use the CK to build Skyrim, I can certainly use it to build Winterfell, I have no doubt. Besides RST was in planning for a year before I ever downloaded the CS, this is just the early work, take notes kids this is how magic like RST begins :lmao:

SOunds cool! How spoilerful is it going to be for people who never got around to reading the books?

At this time there is no plan to play out the storyline of the books in the mod, it's about developing the location and while there will be a backstory offered it won't be related directly to the series plot. So it shouldn't spoil anything for anyone, other than letting you as players immerse yourselves and your roleplay in that world. :thumbup:

I'm in for any texturework needed! Check out this shield in The Arsenal which is heavily influenced by ASOIAF: click for the pic!

I never got where that was from the first time you showed it :lmao:

Thanks mate, the old gods know we'll need plenty of textures for our custom modelwork :P Love that shield, need to add a crown around the stag' neck :clap:

NOOOOOOOOOO!! don't start him off :dizzy:, TA stuffs will never get done XD

It's tempting, and the potential is certainly there for expansion either by myself or other modders down the line, but I don't think I have a total conversion in me, especially not coming down from my 4 year commitment on RST. :faint:

This project was dreamed up as a proving ground where I plan to finally learn and master modeling and it's perfectly sized for that. Plus by keeping the scope narrow I can pour in the details to really give it a life that might otherwise be paled by a split focus. :)

At this point if I were to do something the scale of Nehrim it would have to be with a licensed engine and a big paycheck at the end. :lmao:

It does seem like something that would be better suited in its own worldspace at least. I'd say the decision for a TC would have to come if you want the player to have their equipment or start over.

It is possible to start a player fresh without making a total conversion, at least in Oblivion, so I imagine Skyrim would have similar capabilities; I'm not sure that's a route I'd take with Winterfell anyway. There's a lot more to weigh when considering a TC beyond player equipment though, and it involves things like time, resources, commitment, perseverance, and sacrifice, none of which I have for another largescale project that isn't bringing an income to my family in return for their sacrifices. ;)

The decision to build in a new worldspace or the vanilla Skyrim world is a bridge I will cross when I have my hands on the game material and can see for myself where it's suited best. There's a lot more development to be done before then. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...