DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: Lesson #1

DarkRider

• 2 months later...

Hi there. I'm new to this forums, I registered because I'm quite interested in learning how to mod. I've finished lesson #1, but I don't know how to take screenshots from my work. Could you help me, please? I've read how to upload pictures to both TESA gallery and other sites, but I don't know how to take the screenshot.

Hello garekman, and welcome to TESA. Also welcome to the CS Basics classes. :)

The way I take screenshots is using the Print Screen key (it's above the Insert key to the right side). This will take a pic of your entire desktop. I then open MS Paint, and "paste" the picture there, crop it as necessary and save it as .jpg.

The same goes for screenshots in game, you can use the Prt Sc key, it will take a .bmp image and drop it in your Oblivion main folder. There's also a program called FRAPS to take in game screenshots.

Looking forward to seeing your work! :)

Hi there. I'm new to this forums, I registered because I'm quite interested in learning how to mod. I've finished lesson #1, but I don't know how to take screenshots from my work. Could you help me, please? I've read how to upload pictures to both TESA gallery and other sites, but I don't know how to take the screenshot.

In case you are using Windows 8, it has a screnn capture tool called "SnippingTool.exe", a lot more practical than the print button. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Thank you both. I use Windows 7, so I'll do as Hanaisse says, although it will be other day. I'm very bussy these days so I can only do something on weekends, and right now I'm very tired to open the CS and doing it. But I'm glad to be able to take your lessons, and thanks a lot for the welcome!

• 6 months later...

Sorry that the screenie with the table wasn't too clear, I've taken a close up.

bedside table

I thought I had included dressers, are the examples in the picture the wrong items? When I search for "Dresser" in the CS I get no results, so I've assumed that the PCShelfDrawersClutterMiddle01 are Dressers.

Dressers

Anyway, thanks for checking my work out, I'll see you over at lesson 2 :salute:

• 9 months later...

For the light issue, I would suggest you double check your cell data. In the Lighting tab, did you change the Ambient lighting per the beginning of the lesson? Those settings should give enough to be able to see. We also added the "fire" to the fireplace, which is a light. Make sure you added the correct light object.

For the coc issue, did you set your first object (the farmhouse interior) to location 0,0,0? That's exactly where you'll land.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if there's still anyone out there checking on this things (I'm new here) but I just finished this lesson and I'm sharing the pictures anyway just in case. Here are my results:

It's really simple but I don't want to get too fixated on the details just yet. I intend to cover as most ground as possible before diving deep into the nitty-gritty of interior decoration.

In any case, it was an enjoyable tutorial. I've been looking for this kind of material in YouTube but most of what I find covers the CreationKit or is of dubious quality so I decided to look for some comprehensive well-structured introduction to the CS in written form and this seems to be just that. I thank you for your efforts so that you may know that they're still appreciated.

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
Spelling corrections.
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Hanaisse! I'm glad I found this class, it has been really helpful so far.

As for the painting yes, it's tilted, but I did that on purpose since it's not actually hanging on the wall. The picture is not clear enough to notice, but it's laying against the wooden frame of the window and resting over the shelf that comes by default with this interior prefab.

Thanks again for taking the time to peruse the pictures.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...