DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tribunal Start--How to Kill Assassin?

catbelly36

HI everyone. I've been playing Morrowind for the past few weeks (for the first time) and today I installed my Tribunal pack. I've been trying to kill this guy that's coming to kill ME, but have gotten my butt kicked every time. I'm wondering what kinds of weapons, armor, and spells you guys might've used to kill this guy?

Thanks so much!

Tracy :)

It's advisable not to load up Tribunal until you're middling level, since the assassin's are hard to kill and their armor ruins balancing once you do kill them. You could always run outside, since Morrowind doesn't let NPCs use doors.

Or do like Mage said and get one of these. Choose only one of the ones that delay the attacks. You can choose others, of course, but only the formers work for what you want.

You don't need a cheat mod. They can be beaten, even at very low levels. I recommend spears; they use daggers so keeping them at arm's length means they can't hurt you as easily.

When they attacked me at a low level I just used brute force with the biggest weapon I had available which was usually a claymore or a Daedric dai-katana (gotta love the guard's shack in the Dren Plantation...)

When I first played MW and I was scrounging plants and stuff to sell that assassin would scare the daylights outta me, suddenly comming out of nowhere. I only had what weapons I ould afford to buy in Seyda Neen. I got killed a couple times but when I finally beat him at level 1 I was really jazzed. I now had good armor and stuff I could sell. Willie Sea`s broom closet is awsome but i don`t use any of the leveling apps, I love the armor and weapons though.

If you`re at a low level with limited weapons you must fight smart...don`t stand toe to toe...strike and move...strike and back away...make him come to you...when he strikes and his arm is crossed then junge in and strike, then back away quickly. Don`t be in a hurry...enjoy the fight.

Hi again. Probably not supposed to stack my posts but I cant' resist coming back and telling anyone who will listen that I'm in Mournhold now and I am in LOVE! I haven't felt this way in a long time about a game---where you just fall so in love with the graphics and stuff that you want to climb into your monitor and go live in that place. WOW. I love this and although I admit I cheated w/ the broom closet to get there, I'm still so happy to have found it! SIGH

Tracy, forcing herself to go do real life stuff so she can get back to the game asap. :)

:) Hi again. I thought I'd try to keep my posting to this same on-going post (got yelled at on another site for making too many different posts about the same game, so.....) Anyway, I'm still in Mournhold and absolutely loving it, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good mod that gives you some kind of bag or something to carry your stuff in? I use the Dimensional Pouch mod with Oblivion, but haven't ever found a similar thing for Morrowind.

Thanks so much guys!

Tracy, who keeps dropping stuff in different houses and other spots and forgetting where everything is! :)

Hey Donnato. I'm glad you mentioned that because even after playing Oblivion umpteen-million times and now digging into Morrowind, I still don't know what "feather" actually does. Does it help you carry your items or maybe make them lighter? Just have been wondering about that for ages and never looked into it. Thanks!

PS One more since I have you-----do you or any of the other guys know if there are any Mournhold house mods? I've already killed some people as I follow some of the quests, so there are some empty houses, but it might be fun to have one of my very own. :)

Thanks!

Tracy

Hey Donnato. I'm glad you mentioned that because even after playing Oblivion umpteen-million times and now digging into Morrowind, I still don't know what "feather" actually does. Does it help you carry your items or maybe make them lighter? Just have been wondering about that for ages and never looked into it. Thanks!

Raises your maximum encumbrance, iirc.

Hey everyone. I'm back for more help. I've been playing Morrowind w/ Tribunal obsessively and now I'm at the part where Almalexia send you to kill Sotha Sil. I'm in his Clockwork City and trying to kill an Imperfect, but nothing's really working. Has anyone killed this guy and can you tell me how you did it?

Thanks!!

Hey everyone. I'm back for more help. I've been playing Morrowind w/ Tribunal obsessively and now I'm at the part where Almalexia send you to kill Sotha Sil. I'm in his Clockwork City and trying to kill an Imperfect, but nothing's really working. Has anyone killed this guy and can you tell me how you did it?

Thanks!!

Well, I can give you some pointers to do that while staying vanilla (i.e. no mods with uber-weapons, no crazy enchantments made in-game) but I need to know a few things: the difficulty you're playing in (the number, from -100 to 100), your class and consequently your playing style and your level. I can tell you that, for me, at about level 35, on medium difficulty (set to 0 on the scale), you can do it perfectly fine with Trueflame or any other artifact you might have recovered by now (Goldbrand is a good idea if you still don't have it). I was playing a a warrior kind of type and very few buffs (my active effects bar was counted on about 7 or so and nothing crazy). Other weapons, specially of Daedric quality, can do the job but artifacts make it a bit faster.

Spells can work but keep in mind he's very, very resistant and you need to be a powerful mage to take him down.

Or if you have Bloodmoon, get to Solstheim, run like hell to Thirsk, go around the back and look on the hollowed stump. You'll find five (yes, five) Ebony Arrows of Slaying. They are enchanted with a 5000 points, cast on strike, Damage Health enchantment. Get those and with a decent marksman skill you can take the Imperfect out with one shot (same goes for Almalexia, if you're wondering). The best part is they are vanilla.

I hope this helped.

LOL Oh I am familiar w/ them William and I LOVE them! You wouldn't perhaps share your modded sword with me would you?

Well, my special stuff is in a 'combined' mod I made, with enhanced signs, my personal 'associate' class and sign, A house in Balmoria, my Deathblade and Amulet of revitalization on the lighthouse, as well as the rings graphics fix. So it would be difficult to pull all that together for a releasable mod.

There are some nice magical weapons in the Levelers Broom Closet. The best sword requires a reputation greater than 10 to get it. Its hidden down one of the hallways.