DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Some tutorial/hints for making custom ammunition.

Tosky

What exactly are you trying to do, and how are you doing it?

Making new arrows in a 3D program?

Retexting existing arrows? Invisible usually means missing normal map.

Both. My arrows are visible in any situation, unless when i drawn and fire them.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_create_bows_by_Nicoroshi

Note: It requires you to have a downgraded version of nifskope. Version 0.9.6.

http://www.niftools.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1088

Sorry, inside links i don't catch anything about ammunition, is explain how to make bows only :(

If you post your NIF I'll take a look and point you in the right direction.

WT

Would need to take a look at the NIf but most likely has something to do with the arrow:0 which is the arrow that is equipped from inside the NIF or the collision property settings attached to it.

Here the NIF http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07588878601797791352&gk=adsense

Thanks in advance. Your support are VERY VERY MUCH appreciated. I very hoping for hints to build-from-the-ground arrows 'till put them in game... :bowdown:

OK you need to setup your node structure to be more like the vanilla arrow/quiver NIFs. The game engine makes certain assumptions about an arrow/quiver NIF and if yours isn't setup the same way it causes problems.

The Arrow1 - Arrow6 subnodes are disabled by the engine as you get low on ammo so you don't have a model displaying 7 arrows in your quiver when you only have 2 left. Each of your short arrowlets needs to be in it's own named subnode for this to work. I've never tried it with less arrows but presumably you could just create Arrow1 - Arrow5 subnodes placing one of your short arrowlets in each.

The full length arrow that you fire needs to be the only NiTriStrips in your root node. This is likely where your current problem stems from. It MAY also need to be named "Arrow:0", I've never tried using a different name and the engine does use property names within a NIF for identifying some things.

You will need to duplicate the havok sctructure including the constraint from the vanilla NIFs for your arrows to show up as clutter objects that can be retrieved after firing. Without this they vanish after striking the target (could be cool for magic arrows).

The easiest solution would probably be to copy/paste your exported NiTriStrips(s) from your exported NIF to a working one and save it under a new name. I'm headed to work but if you have questions just post them and I'll answer this evening if someone else doesn't before then. If you prefer I can setup your NIF to work ingame and send it to you for comparison.

Good Luck,

WT

Looks Like WT beat me to the details but just in case you are having problems -- HERE is a working copy of your new quiver -- I copy\pasted the pieces into the Steel Arrow Quiver and deleted the pieces from the original along with the extra arrow - updated the various arrays (number of children etc. to get it working properly with the one less arrow displayed) adjusted the positioning of the arrows a bit (had to adjust on the Y axis so the lined up properly in the quiver and fit the existing collision shapes.

Tested in game and it did not work !! --- went back and looked at the Nif and notivced the equipped arrow had the NiStripsData Consistency Flag set to Static instead of CT_Mutable -- changed that resaved and retested and now all works properly. ( This may be why your original was not equipping properly in the original )

AS WT mentioned if you have further questions just post them here and I'll try and explain in more detail (If WT doesn't get there first ! :ninja: )

Aaaaaahsw .-. , I've just reading all your hints, but i still to understand... nothing; this is a barrier caused from Nifskope's language (plus English is not my first language, so..) ; sorry guys, I REALLY appreciate the support, but at this point the best thing to do will be a complete tutorial plus step-to-step-images (or maybe an youtube video ?) on how make new arrows from the ground and put them in game; that is the best method for teaching to newbie like me how make them, and saving time for both (newbie and teacher, I mean..) ; the problem is: who can make this tutorial ? (at the same time i guess: "if anybody has not made a tutorial for make arrow, that's mean is simple make them = i feel much more stupid than before :bagged: ) Anyway, I'll continue to try and try with your indications for make working arrows :candle:

Edited by Tosky

It's not surprising that you feel a little overwhelmed Tosky, untill you get used to NIF structure and the meaning and uses of all those blocks it can be very confusing. :yes: The only real way to get past that is practice, start dabbling and learn as you go. Putting new arrows or bows ingame is not simple and probably wasn't the easiest place to start, but with help it is certainly doable.

The kind of tutorial your talking about takes a lot of time to do well, and for the most part a separate tutorial for each item type isn't required as the differences from one to the next are usually minor. New bows and arrows will likely be covered once the modelling class is back up and running, but that won't be for several months yet. Your best bet if you don't want to wait is to compare the NIF you exported with the working one JDFan made for you and change yours to match. It's the perfect opportunity as if your NIF isn't working and your unsure why you have the working one to compare it to. That's pretty well how all of us learned to do it. It is very time consuming and daunting at first, but the things you learn will benefit you in your future modding efforts. You also have one advantage that the old timers here didn't, if you get stuck there are folks around who will be happy to help you. :thumbup:

Good Luck,

WT

As Windmill Tilter mentioned Bows and Arrows are probably some of the more complex items to get in game and it takes awhile to figure out some of the settings etc. ( which is probably why you see so many swords and other weapons added but very few Bows and arrows) - I can remember spending countless hours examining a NIfs the first time I was helping someone get a new bow animation to work in game.

Also WT --- look forward to seeing the tutorials you come up with for the modeling classes !