DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Pentagonal Tileset for use in pentagonal tower.

shogran

Hi, I'm shogran, I made a big angry looking pointy tower. It also happens to be pentagonal In shape, I need some help modeling the interior rooms of the tower, I have the core set up to be something different, so no need to get help with that,(Maybe later)

Anyway, Instead of sitting here trying to describe it to you, Here's what I pictured in my mind.

http://i.imgur.com/fX6F4.jpg

Its big, but not as big as it would have been previous, Anyone who needs a higher resolution, I can go up to 16800x10200 lol.

I should have noted, I will accept help instead of doing it all for me, I just need to know where to start when making a tileset, I have no clue, and have looked at other tilesets to get one, no joy.

Edited by shogran

sho...I`ve tried tile sets on a very basic level. Is this floor by floor? Wall by wall...How do you want the pieces to be assembled?

Thats just one floor, I just showed the different ways some of the walls should look, and the end pieces... Its a trapezoid that I can rotate 72 degrees and it fit against the next one, To make a pentagon.

Edited by shogran

Well I've started this, but I don't have any time to keep up with it. Basic pentagon shaped room:

Pentagon01.jpg

I can send the .blend if it's worth anything to you. I'd wait on the details and add them in as new objects after you had the basic walls built. :)

I imported a vector Pentagon, cleaned it up, and extruded...

I don't think you need to actually thicken the walls, because (I hope) you won't be extruding the detail out of the planes, but just adding new objects. If it's fun though, I say go for it. :D

Actually Grondo, I was ading the loop cuts to add faces to extrude. If I add seperate parts I find it more difficult to clean up the faces that are not showing but, yes that is another good way to work out details apart from the base project.

Ummm...oops, nevermind...loopcut is good for straight geometry but not for sweeps...

Sho...I took a screen of your drawing and I finally get what you`re going for. Looks doable and I`ll see what I can do as I get time.

Edited by donnato

Actually Grondo, I was ading the loop cuts to add faces to extrude. If I add seperate parts I find it more difficult to clean up the faces that are not showing but, yes that is another good way to work out details apart from the base project.

Ummm...oops, nevermind...loopcut is good for straight geometry but not for sweeps...

Sho...I took a screen of your drawing and I finally get what you`re going for. Looks doable and I`ll see what I can do as I get time.

Thanks Don and Grond, I can't wait to see what becomes of this! :D:icecream:

Yup, just walls so far. I`ve only had a few minutes at a time to work on this...Question...stairs..?...ladder..?....elevator..? :rofl:

EDIT: Also please pick a vanilla door you like so I can use it to make the doorways and scale the room. I say use a vanilla door because then we don`t have to mess wit the door animations...I can still do a retex.

Edited by donnato

Shogoran`s call but if I can do something good here I wouldn`t mind. :D

Totally Resource Material, Even the Tower will be released as resource, Maybe even the bridge if i ever even do the bridge.

Donnato, Uhmm, You know the ayleid doors that have a tree on em?

Cool Sho..:clap: Do you mean the wrought iron doors..? Unlocked of course..? Or do you mean the stone doors with the blue-green tree? Why not pick one out and zip the .nif into a PM? That would sure help alot and I`m there now...just roughing in the woodwork. Nothing much to show yet though. I will have to scale the room to the door so things might change to get the effect you want.

Checkout ARDdoor01.nif and same .dds...that`s the stone one...

Edited by donnato