DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Weightpainting a hood *RESOLVED*

Lanceor

Basically I've cobbled together a hood in NifSkope using a regular hood and some (non headwear related) static pieces. It looks great in Nifskope, but it doesn't show in the CS or in-game as the pieces haven't been weightpainted yet. There are also a couple of small edits that are needed (see third pic).

Would a kind soul be able to do this in Blender for me?

Link to the mesh

Overview of the hood

med_gallery_5441_228_7590.jpg

Close up showing some of the extra pieces including:

- a circlet from Kafeis Armored Circlets

- Part of Arnora's Amulet

- Two perfect rubies

med_gallery_5441_228_95823.jpg

Close up with the circlet moved out of the way.

The two smaller gems from Arnora's amulet need to be rotated so that they're not buried inside the circlet.

med_gallery_5441_228_22364.jpg

I can PM you the concept art that I based the design off if that would help. :)

Edited by Lanceor

Okay, done. I'll send the mesh via pm.

The tiara may prove to be tricky to get to work though. Character generation allows for different shapes and sizes of head. I've never looked into it, so I may be completely wrong, but I think you may need to use facegen data to really get it to work on any head without clipping.

• Upvote 1

Okay, done. I'll send the mesh via pm.

The tiara may prove to be tricky to get to work though. Character generation allows for different shapes and sizes of head. I've never looked into it, so I may be completely wrong, but I think you may need to use facegen data to really get it to work on any head without clipping.

RTC -- did you test it in game ? -- I tried adding skinning to the extra parts and exporting but the Nif in game causes a CTD (might be because it does not have a normal map texture in the download files) but did not have time to test more.

For adjusting to various heads it would need an .egm file generated but the problem is in order to generate the .egm file the model would have to be a single Tristrip (shape) inside the Nif instead of the numerous strips. So in order to really get it working as a hood it would need to have all of the pices attached to each other and the UVmapping would have to be adjusted so it can use a single UVMap and texture and then be run through the Conformulator to create an .egm file.

Thanks so much RTC!

I've checked it in-game and as far as I can see, there's no clipping and the gems, circlet and horns show up the way they're supposed to. :) Only one NPC will be using it, and I don't plan to make the hood playable. All I need to do now is play around with the textures.

In case anyonw's wondering, the design of the hood is based on a concept painting by MK. (I've been advised that the picture isn't for general distribution, so I can't attach it here.) The horns appear to be decorative and may be covered with cloth, hence the clothing texture. Also, the is a ball above her head is a bit of a mystery... I decided that it was Nirn's equivalent of a halo and made it transparent and glowing.

Edited by Lanceor