DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Working with lifts in the Construction Set

Fiore1300

So I've started work on a unique oblivion gate realm, and I've been doing the preliminary work of landscaping. However, I have one key element to conquer if this is going to fully realize itself. An element that I don't have any experience working with. A lift.

The idea is this: A player enters the realm looking for a Sigil Keep. To the player's surprise, there isn't one anywhere. In the center of the level is a volcanic crater of sorts, its basin full of lava. As the player explores, they learn that the tower lies just beneath the surface and that, by throwing the right switches (the puzzle is a little more complicated than that), the tower will be raised from its ?watery? grave so that the player may enter.

However, I don't have any experience working with lifts. Any advice or tutorial would be helpful. I dunno if a lift is even the best means of accomplishing something like this. Its simply my first thought.

This is the script to make the tower move. You will need to grab the mesh from the bsa and make it an Activator in the CS then attach this script below

scn aaTowerMoveScript

;This script is attached to the Tower. You will have to get the mesh from the bsa and add it in the Activators section of the CS.

float curpos

float endpos

short vatorStatus

Begin GameMode

if vatorStatus == 0 && aaBuildingGBL == 1

;the 21000 below is important you will have to set it accordingly to how far you want the tower to raise up. Take the MAX Z height (minus) the lowest Z height and the total is your answer here.

set endpos to getpos z + 21000

set vatorStatus to 1

message "Going Up!" ; This can be safely removed after testing and before the release of the mod!

endif

if vatorStatus == 1

set curpos to getpos z

if (curpos < endpos)

;MOVING LIFT UP * 100 is to set how fast the lift moves. in this case it will move 100 units per second, no matter what computer it is on fast or slow, it will move at the same speed.

set curpos to curpos + (GetSecondsPassed * 100)

setpos z curpos

else

;FINAL UP POSITION - SET EXACT Z - Set the 25000 to what your building will be when it is at MAX Z height. (This is the Highest point of where it will sit at after raising)

set vatorStatus to 2

setpos z 25000

endif

endif

-------------- This code needs to be added to a switch or so. It will let the script above know when to activate. The main part of this is the "set aaBuildingGBL to 1" it is the global variable to let the script above start its script.

short activated

begin onActivate Player

if activated == 0

set aaBuildingGBL to 1

endif

end

The credit should go to WillieSea, as he helped me with a elevator/lift script that I needed and modified for this.

If you need help with any of the settings just let me know.