DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Halloween Challenge 2011: Arkay's Asylum

DarkRider

DarkRider Presents...

haunted-castle-1.jpg

HWTitle.png

---------------------------------------------

Arkay's Asylum is the third Official TESA modding Challenge inspired by this upcoming Halloween, which will be here before we know it! This one is special since it may very well be the last challenge set in Cyrodiil as Skyrim promises to be much more fittingly wretched in the future. :evil:

For this challenge, I will create a core.esp called Arkays Aslylum, where players will be able to mingle and commiserate with Cyrodiil's most criminally insane...if they survive long enough that is. Though it's been abandoned by the Empire for many years, I'm afraid you'll find quite a few former residents still interred there. Each challenger will submit a unique and terrifying interior level to be hidden behind each door of the Asylum's winding layout. As with previous challenges, once all the entries are submitted I will merge them into the Arkays Asylum and link the doors, creating one blood and guts dungeon crawl for the masses. On October 31st, the project will be released exclusively here on TESA for the players who will then vote for the interior cell that gave them the biggest scare. The one voted scariest will be named the winner!

We've had a fantastic turn out for the last 2 years, I expect we'll see the same this year and another major dungeon crawl is on the way courtesy of our great community as a result.

HWChallenge.png

To create the best overall scare experience in an interior cell as part of Arkay's Asylum, TESA's 2011 Halloween challenge. You can do this using any means at your disposal so long as it is within the rules of the contest. :yes:

HWRules.png

• Entries must be COMPLETE and submitted to DarkRider by 11:59 EST on October 26th, no later.

• If you want to participate you must sign up officially (See How to Enter Below)

• Your entry must contain at least one finished interior cell, but no more than five.

• Only one entry per challenger and that challenger must be a solo author of that entry, no teams.

• The overall theme must be horror genre.

• You may use modders resources and objects from the Shivering Isles, but nothing from the other DLCs.

• You must repath and package any resources to the correct file path for the challenge. (See Additional Information Below)

• If you use modders resources, you must include a .txt file with your submission containing the credits for those resources.

• You cannot reveal any specifics about your entry to anyone, no screenshots, vids, or chat.

• Your interior cell cannot contain obvious clues to your identity; we don't want people voting for their friends.

• Your entry must have a way in and a way out, so two doors. You can overlap the doors and use disable/enable to switch them with a script if you are script savvy, or two separate doors so long as you have an entrance and exit planned. (Note: Mark your doors with Ref IDs that include your name please ie aaTESADarkRidersEntryDoor and aaTESADarkRidersExitDoor, last year was kind of a nightmare figuring out which door was supposed to be the entrance :lmao:)

• Your level cannot be OBSE dependent, or dependent on any other mod.

• Your entry must be complete and free of major defects (ie broken untested scripts, flashing seams, misaligned kits) unfinished or excessively buggy entries will be disqualified.

HWEnter.png

Any member of TESA may enter the challenge, even new members, with the exception of Admin staff (namely myself, Windmill Tilter, and HeyYou as we will remain objective to tie break). We also welcome members of the Official Forums and associate sites like Nexus and ORE, to join in the fun! To enter, send a PM to "DarkRider" subject "Enter Contest" and let me know you are interested. You'll then be added to the official Challengers list.

HWJudging.png

On October 31st, Arkay's Asylum will be released for download on TESA and the players will vote in the release threads for the cell that gives the best overall scare. Any voting ties will be broken by the Senior TESA Staff. Polls will be closed and the winner announced by November 8th.

HWPrizes.png

• A Special Feature on the Homepage!

• A Unique Forum Medal!

• A Gift Certificate to Amazon.com (or iTunes Store)!

• A Special Challenge Winner Sig Bar!

HWInfo.png

• All interior cell names and IDs must begin with aaTESA

• The entrance/exit door for your cell must be the vanilla door object: Ungrddoor

• You may use any interior kits or combination of but your entrance/exit kit should be from the Ungrd set to fit the door.

• The solarium room is the final destination as part of the core .esp so please, no solariums.

• Every challenger will receive credit in the final readme.

• Each Challenger should include a .txt file containing any information about your entry I need to know, including CREDIT
    information for any resources used. Also, please include solutions to puzzles and a general how-to for your level.

HWFilePaths.png

• File path for meshes must be Meshes\TESA\Halloween03\(category)\(item name)

• File path for textures must be Textures\TESA\Halloween03\(category)\(item name)

• Custom Menu icons should be in Menus\Icons\TESA\Halloween03\(category)\(icon file)

• Custom Sound Objects should be added to Sound\fx\ArkaysAsylum\(category)\(sound file)

• Voice files should be in Sound\Voice\ArkaysAsylum.esp\(race)\(gender)\(voice file)

HWChallengers.png

• DsoS
  • Mannimagus
  • the_manta
  • SomeWelshGuy
  • JulianSull
  • Metallicow

HWNote.png

Sometime in the next week (or so, since I'm posting this early) when all the challengers are set I will be sending out a group PM to all challengers regarding information about a shared resource package so keep an eye peeled... :evil:

• Upvote 1

Aaah :dizzy: exciting! I think I'll just watch this year though; I haven't been modding that much recently, and in any case I'm not much good at level building. Good luck to the brave contestants :D

EDIT: Argh, with this year's theme and my recent reading of Lovecraft I have such good ideas though XD maybe I'll sign up soon. Maybe.

Edited by the-manta

Time to get off the fence kiddies, registration closes on October 1st! We need between 5-7 more challengers to be complete and this is our last big show for Oblivion, let's go out with a bang! If you've been thinking about the challenge, come on over to the darkside...we have cookies. :cookie:

Time to get off the fence kiddies, registration closes on October 1st! We need between 5-7 more challengers to be complete and this is our last big show for Oblivion, let's go out with a bang! If you've been thinking about the challenge, come on over to the darkside...we have cookies. :cookie:

:o

Ah, I'll do it, but I shall hold the project and its creators to blame for my having no life in the intervening time XD

Oct 3rd Ohnoooo...Is it too late to register...?

I've been wanting to enter the last two years for it and didn't get around to it.

How about 13 contestants? I have my own modders resources made already, so no need for a extra resource kit.

And I kind of already started it.. I saw the thread on the official forums but forgot to post or bookmark it.

If this would be OK...?, sign me up. I'll have a finished entry by the deadline(probably before).

Metalio Bovinus