DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

ElricM is down again, but is it final!!!

Leonardo

I just repost this here from the Mod Detective thread over at the officials.

I'm afraid I've some bad news for you all and that ElricM is down again, but this time I can't use the Wayback Machine to find a captured snapshot that allow me to go on to the next page in a category on ElricM. :(

Is there anyone who have a cached link that's working?

Should anyone have the luck to download a mod on ElricM, then please by all means download as much you can and upload it to Morrowind Modding History.

I also encouraged people here to upload any mod on Morrowind Modding History that you have and know the mod in question that are still hosted on ElricM.

FYI the Enchanted Editor is now available on MMH, because you can't get on ElricM right now. :D

Wayback Machine is generally a piece of crap when it comes to preserving entire websites. Relying on it is NOT recommended. Especially since it usually doesn't archive actual files for download anyway even if it does manage to capture the entire HTML.

So yes, it could be tragic should the site go down permanently, but I wonder if it might just be exceeded bandwidth? Their bandwidth total reported on the front page is incredibly high. Perhaps checking a couple of days into October would be good?

Also, mirrors people! Use them! The more the better, but I'd recommend no less than 3. Right now I use Nexus, TESA, and Fliggerty for everything, and PES has some of my stuff that's small enough to escape their upload limits.

Wayback Machine is generally a piece of crap when it comes to preserving entire websites. Relying on it is NOT recommended. Especially since it usually doesn't archive actual files for download anyway even if it does manage to capture the entire HTML.

Perhaps sometimes the wayback machine cannot handle an entire site, but not long ago I was lucky to find an unknown updated mod version which I didn't know that exist with a lot of pictures too.

So yes, it could be tragic should the site go down permanently, but I wonder if it might just be exceeded bandwidth? Their bandwidth total reported on the front page is incredibly high. Perhaps checking a couple of days into October would be good?

Also, mirrors people! Use them! The more the better, but I'd recommend no less than 3. Right now I use Nexus, TESA, and Fliggerty for everything, and PES has some of my stuff that's small enough to escape their upload limits.

I agree it would be a disaster imo and thanks for your observations Arthmoor.

Exactly and that was the reason why I uploaded WMSA here when GHF was down this summer.

• 9 months later...