DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Reclaiming Sancre Tor: Support

DarkRider

2 - Also have encountered Rolan's infinite loop. Exits to outside world and loops back and forth without taking you to the trainer. :shrug:

This is already on the tracker for 1.0.1 it's persistent from 1.0.0. The workaround is to console setstage aaRCMQ02a 25 then proceed to the Hall of Enlightment to speak with Sakai. :good:

The ImpeREAl Forts conflict is also on the tracker upgraded from "Cannot Reproduce" to confirmed and needs patching. ;)

So, how long do I wait before the 'messenger' appears?

I am standing in the Market District, I have done seven twenty-four hour waits, but nothing happens.

Thanks

You need to just carry on after collecting your Imperial Dragon Armor, there's a delay script that checks if you're inside or out, so that it doesn't hit you as soon as you grab the armor. Leave the IC and head down the road, it should start within a few minutes. :yes:

You need to just carry on after collecting your Imperial Dragon Armor, there's a delay script that checks if you're inside or out, so that it doesn't hit you as soon as you grab the armor. Leave the IC and head down the road, it should start within a few minutes. :yes:

I need to be outside the city, then?

I will give that a try.

And, I had the Dragon armor several hundred saves/hours ago.

Thanks

EDIT:

I got the message, went to Cloud Ruler Temple, met Steffan, waited three days, went out the gates where Steffan gets on his horse (Lancer), but the horse goes to the closed gates of Cloud Ruler Temple and stays there like it is trying to go through the gates.

So, what do I do now?

Edited by AlKHall

I need to be outside the city, then?

I will give that a try.

And, I had the Dragon armor several hundred saves/hours ago.

Thanks

If you still can't get it to work, open the console and type SetStage aaRCMQ01 1 and press 'enter'. Never mind, don't do that. It's bad. Very bad.

I should read the ReadMe more carefully...

Edited by The Vyper

I got the message, went to Cloud Ruler Temple, met Steffan, waited three days, went out the gates where Steffan gets on his horse (Lancer), but the horse goes to the closed gates of Cloud Ruler Temple and stays there like it is trying to go through the gates.

So, what do I do now?

Post your load order please. If it's a mod conflict we might be able to spot it. If it's a glitch, a reload could clear it. :yes:

Post your load order please. If it's a mod conflict we might be able to spot it. If it's a glitch, a reload could clear it. :yes:

While I was waiting, I downloaded another mod, and while I was playing it, I got a quest update about arriving safely in Sancre Tor, even though I was nowhere it.

Where should the .esp be in the load order? I have quite a few mods installed.

While I was waiting, I downloaded another mod, and while I was playing it, I got a quest update about arriving safely in Sancre Tor, even though I was nowhere it.

Where should the .esp be in the load order? I have quite a few mods installed.

Let BOSS sort your load order, RST is already listed in there. And be sure to rebuild your bashed patch. At this point it sounds like a clean save would help.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like while you were waiting Steffan and the monks got to Sancre Tor without you. You could feasibly go there and talk to Steffan to continue the quest if it's running, or do as Hana suggested and do some sorting if you want to try and avoid future issues. :good:

i think i've found an ai issue (i'm just guessing here)

(i’m new to this forum, and haven’t gotten the coding down yet; so I’m going to try to be vague -- without being uselessly vague… sorry)

After basic training, you’re given a new master to either lead or follow around. And he just keeps buggering off on me, usually when he’s stationary or when he’s suppose to be following me. I think he reverts to his daily routine, or somesuch. He usually comes back in a few hours (game time), and I can continue on with the quest again. I’m in the ic following up on the engineering angle. And I think I’m supposed to talk to this master to get the quest update. Can’t find him; I’ve been waiting around for a few days and he hasn’t come back. I guess I could just use tescs to lookup the quest ids and advance that way, it just feels a bit too much like cheating to me. So, I’ll try about anything else first. just fyi.

Edited by Casper

I have been told in the shouty that RST is a very sensitive lady :P and so I deactivated some of my installed mods although I could not imagine that one of them could prevent Steffan from moving on. But nevertheless: When I deactivated MTC Thieves Grotto (a mod by Nernie) the good horse finally kept moving with the captain on his back.

So you should add MTC Thieves Grotto to the list of RST-incompatible mods.

I am curious whether I will encounter more of these oddities on my journey.

Edited by Tamira

I reloaded an older save and played through it again, got farther into the quest and he buggered off permanently once more. i didn't save since that last bug either. (the pain of being a save on exit purest, i am slowly getting better at saving more frequently. lol) so i'm gonna do it again when i get up.

Let BOSS sort your load order, RST is already listed in there. And be sure to rebuild your bashed patch. At this point it sounds like a clean save would help.

I used BOSS.

Regarding rebuilding the bashed patch, I am afraid you will need to go into more detail there.

Also, a clean save?

Edited by AlKHall

Sounds like while you were waiting Steffan and the monks got to Sancre Tor without you. You could feasibly go there and talk to Steffan to continue the quest if it's running, or do as Hana suggested and do some sorting if you want to try and avoid future issues. :good:

I found Sancre Tor (although the map marker was apparently deleted by the mod and it appears not to be exactly where it was in the original), but I cannot find Steffan anywhere.

I used BOSS.

Regarding rebuilding the bashed patch, I am afraid you will need to go into more detail there.

Also, a clean save?

Clean Save: Unload the mod, start up the game, go someplace that ISN"T affected by the mod, save. Exit game, re-enable the mod, fire up the game.

Bashed Patch is put together using Wrye Bash. If you don't have a long load list, it may or may not be an issue. Can you post your load order please?

I found Sancre Tor (although the map marker was apparently deleted by the mod and it appears not to be exactly where it was in the original), but I cannot find Steffan anywhere.

If you are just starting, you should find Steffan at Cloud Ruler Temple.

Clean Save: Unload the mod, start up the game, go someplace that ISN"T affected by the mod, save. Exit game, re-enable the mod, fire up the game.

Bashed Patch is put together using Wrye Bash. If you don't have a long load list, it may or may not be an issue. Can you post your load order please?

If you are just starting, you should find Steffan at Cloud Ruler Temple.

No, I am in Sancre Tor.

My load order (from OBMM)

Oblivion.esm

SoVvM.esm

GTAesgaard_2.esm

Silgrad_Tower.esm

Silgrad_Tower_T.esm

Cybiades.esm

Windfall.esm

Kvatch Rebuilt.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Akatosh Mount By Saiden Storm.esp

Blackpowder_bombs v04.esp

CleanQuit.esp

WayshrineMapMarkers.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

Bloodrayne set.esp

Dragonbone Armor Set.esp

AncientTowers.esp

The Last Queen Of The Ayleids.esp

Ivellon.esp

BF_FortRapture.esp

CryptofDecay.esp

Dalls_ICHouse.esp

Dalls_ICHouseTwo.esp

Dalls_Merchant.esp

Darbinshire Keep.esp

Duke Patricks Dragon and the Sword of Might.esp

Fort Ferrion.esp

Fort_Larsus.esp

Fort_Walastar.esp

FiveBlindMiceBeta.esp

Fort Falkenshire.esp

FortMalice.esp

Fort_Krakatus-8431.esp

FortDragonShirev1.esp

HauntedHouse v1.4.esp

HauntedHouse.esp

Isiak's fate.esp

Kragenir's Death Quest.esp

KDQ - Rural Line Additions.esp

300_White Stallion 4.esp

Kragenirs_WhiteStallion_Compat.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

GlenvarCastle.esp

Mount Archon.esp

Malevolent.esp

MountainTower.esp

Mysteries Of Atrene Camp.esp

Nascosto Isles 3.esp

Niflheim.esp

GTAesgaard.esp

GTAesgaard_2.esp

Order of the Virtuous Blood Expanded v0.1.esp

Pek_Halls_of_The_Phoenix_Order.esp

Pirates Grave V1.1.esp

Punk Stevo - Brutal Underground.esp

rebornaylieds.esp

Ruins of Tarnesia.esp

Steve - Hitman.esp

The Kingdom of Shadow test1.esp

The_Tower_of_the_Lich_King-4492.esp

Torynwyll.esp

VaultsofCyrodiil.esp

VHBloodlines 1.2.esp

WOTFH_1.3.esp

Windfall.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

BattlehornCastleEnhanced.esp

sir_balin_mod.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Cybiades.esp

CybiadesDungeon.esp

cybCrashFix.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

Mighty Umbra.esp

Mighty Umbra - Vanilla OB.esp

Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp

HoarfrostCastle.esp

ReclaimSancreTor.esp

HeartOftheDead.esp

Dschinni.esp

KragenirsDeathQuest-LostCoast patch.esp

HentaiMania2.esp

KragenirsDeathQuest-RollingHills patch.esp

xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp

DecoratorAssistant v1.1.esp

moremerchantmoneyv1.1.esp

Silgrad_Tower_Travel.esp

Silgrad_Tower_T.esp

StackableOblivion.esp

Unlimited Rings 2.0 -auto.esp

lorecreatures.esp

Borderless_Cyrodiil-3578.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

CybBPcompatibility.esp

Unlimited Rings 2.0 -manual.esp

Fort Charrish v1.6.esp

specialarmor.esp

CityOfSpiders.esp

Paradise Gates.esp

Cave_Of_Virtue.esp

Fort Valdis.esp

DarkReign_The Discovery.esp

Oblivion Doom Skulls.esp

Leviticus.esp

Fort Midnight.esp

Haunted Lighthouse.esp

OK, I did a 'clean save', and interestingly, the original Sancre Tor map marker re-appeared.

I went there, and it is the original fort, not the town from the mod.

Honestly, it is becoming more trouble than it is worth.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help me fix this, or I might as well just uninstall it.

Eighteen days until TES V, thankfully.

OK, I did a 'clean save', and interestingly, the original Sancre Tor map marker re-appeared.

I went there, and it is the original fort, not the town from the mod.

Right, then the mod hasn't started yet. In your clean save you need to stay in the exterior world (not in a city) for 3-4 minutes since you have the Imperial Dragon Armor. Then you should get a message about coming to Cloud Ruler Temple. Don't go there first, wait for the message, that's the indication that the mod has begun.

Right, then the mod hasn't started yet. In your clean save you need to stay in the exterior world (not in a city) for 3-4 minutes since you have the Imperial Dragon Armor. Then you should get a message about coming to Cloud Ruler Temple. Don't go there first, wait for the message, that's the indication that the mod has begun.

Got it.

OK, now I met Steffan, waited three days, but I stood in the open doors of Cloud Ruler Temple while Steffan got on his horse, so that they would not close. The horse went through the gate, up the stairs and stopped in the courtyard. The monks followed and stopped there as well.

I tried waiting, but they do not move.

I took a screenshot:

Oblivion2011-10-2417-07-45-08.jpg

Edited by AlKHall

Hmm, this is not a behavior that's ever appeared in RST not even in Alpha. That effect on the characters is also not added by RST, so there seems to be something conflicting. Do you happen to know what might be causing that magic effect and what it's doing? :question: