DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CounterPoint's Model Gallery

CounterPoint

I'm new to these forums, but I'd thought I'd share some of my casual 3d modelling work with the community here. A little bit about myself: I'm a gamer-turned-modder. I started modding an indie game called Mount and Blade: Warband. I learned how to make 3d models/textures for that engine using Wings3d, a free 3d modelling application. I've learned the scripting aspect of that game now (a little bit), and am now privately developing my own partial conversion mod.

I never bothered to read a tutorial about Wings, but I somehow managed to hash together these models. See their quality (or lack thereof) :P Comments welcome.

IMAGE HEAVY

Works in Progress -- Some have been that way for a while, but maybe someday I'll finish them.

screenshot914201174115p.png

screenshot930201010640a.png

swordsmithy.png

typexivconcept.png

typexiiibconcept.png

typexiiiconcept.png

typexiiconcept.png

screenshot7222010102028.png

screenshot7212010113653.png

screenshot7212010113540.png

Done and done (not rendered)

screenshot87201163440pm.pngscreenshot87201163337pm.png

screenshot8112011101436.png

screenshot109201074031p.png

Completed works (rendered in-game)

mb4u.jpg

SWEET! You call that amateur? gosh darn mate, thats some really nice stuff an amateur! Keep it up and you'll be pro in no time!

The term, amateur is rather vague. As it is, Meo would be considered amateur even though his work is fantastic and far beyond most people in the community.

I'm not trying to degrade the quality of work shown here, just putting the term into perspective.

A crtitique if I may, the diffuse on the rendered swords could use some more metal layering, it looks more like filter<clouds at the moment, layering different grunge brushes along with some thought out hand painting can really bring the piece to life. Also, with the ingame helmet, I'd be interested in seeing wireframes and texture flats; at the moment the sillhouette of the helm looks very blocky, and the textures look very flat, it could do with some TLC.

Thanks for all the comments!

A crtitique if I may, the diffuse on the rendered swords could use some more metal layering, it looks more like filter<clouds at the moment, layering different grunge brushes along with some thought out hand painting can really bring the piece to life. Also, with the ingame helmet, I'd be interested in seeing wireframes and texture flats; at the moment the sillhouette of the helm looks very blocky, and the textures look very flat, it could do with some TLC.

Ah, you see right through my texture. I did start with the render clouds as my base and did some layering from there. It probably could use more work, but that was my first attempt at a handpainted metal texture (using some brushes from the internet). I'd like to try it again sometime, and I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

As for the helmet, the reason it looks more blocky is due to the low poly count. 1975 tri, 1024 vert. Different game, different optimization requirements. and the bump map sucks, I know.

Thanks for the critiques, they were well received. Texture flat, since I had I had on hand

spangenhelma.png

• 4 months later...