DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Texturing Helps

Sup3rm3hoo

Okay, so I've been looking around for some time already and just decided to register. Than I thought I may as well open a question discussion for problems with retexturing and making new textures for

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. This post is obviously open for anyone to use and answer questions. Also, I figure I may as well ask one that I've been hitting my head off the wall for days over.

Okay, So I use GIMP 2.0 for all my texturing (just don't have the money for Photoshop) and I am trying to create transparent (see through) Items, armor, and weapons.

After many attempts to find the answer and many plug-ins downloaded later, I have managed to create transparent textures that work... in NifSkope...

However, when I start the game al the textures have this... Rainbow, square, boxes thing going on. I have looked everywhere for several days trying to find the answer to this problem, alas,

with no "happily ever after". A girl can't handle this much stress :. ( Here are some pictures (kind of hard to see, sorry) showing what exactly is happening.

Umm... "Image can not be uploaded"? I'll keep trying but please help anyway. :)

I've Looked everywhere I can think of, and I just don't know where to look to find the issue...

PLEASE HELP! :(

The rainbow square box thingy issue you describe sounds like a corrupted or missing texture file.

Make sure you've placed the texture correctly in the Data/Textures/whatever folder that the nif points to in Nifskope, and make sure in Nifskope you are using dynamic texture locations and not static (i.e. the texture file starts with textures/whatever folder and not C:/Oblivion/Data/Textures/whatever folder) Also make sure you have a correct normal map with it.

I'd be happy to take a look at your texture if you'd like. You can PM it to me. :)