DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] MiMi - Multiple Install Manager Interface

InsanitySorrow

MiMi_Title_zps8efe698c.png

MiMi_Desc_zps66de2db7.png

MIMI is a new take on managing multiple game installs. MIMI is a small application with a powerful punch that will ease the confusion of trying to manually switch between two or more game setups.

Multiple installs are becoming an increasingly popular trend. For anyone who has ever wanted to have a testing environment without messing with their current install, this is for you. MIMI will create and manage each completely separate game setup. Best of all, MIMI will swap out these installs with a click of a button. No more manually renaming folders!

MiMi has built in support for Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

MiMI_Features_zpsa98ceab8.png

Image Management:

• Swap
  • New
  • Import
  • Delete
  • Rename
  • Release

Launch Options:

• Game
  • Creation Kit
  • BOSS
  • Wrye Bash
  • Oblivion Mod Manager/Skyrim Mod Manager (When released)

MiMI_Media_zpsb9cd750d.png

MiMiGameSelect_zps2aa2aa75.jpg

Thanks for the update on this project IS. I think it is a fantastic idea.

The subject of possible need for permission came up over at Nexus when someone asked that it include support for BOSS.

So far I'm finding that I like to keep MOM open and just use NMM for the simple downloads over at Nexus. I expect that I will be doing the same with MIMI when it comes out.

This is because the Nexus manager won't handle downloads from other sites, such as here at TESA. Furthermore, even though it does provide support for the Fallout games and plans support for Skyrim, it does not support Morrowind ( and I don't think it will). It also does not support more than one install of the same game the way that MOM does and MIMI will.

The subject of possible need for permission came up over at Nexus when someone asked that it include support for BOSS.

Is that for MOM or NMM?, I'm a little confused there.

So far I'm finding that I like to keep MOM open and just use NMM for the simple downloads over at Nexus. I expect that I will be doing the same with MIMI when it comes out.

This is because the Nexus manager won't handle downloads from other sites, such as here at TESA. Furthermore, even though it does provide support for the Fallout games and plans support for Skyrim, it does not support Morrowind ( and I don't think it will). It also does not support more than one install of the same game the way that MOM does and MIMI will.

Not sure that was ever planned for that app, all I know is it's like OBMM/FOMM and is for mod installs :shrug:, As long as it doesn't store information in a daft place both MOM and mTES4 should be able to handle it, so you should be able to use it for each of your installs.

The issue came up relating to NMM. Just mentioning it because it came up there in a thread where I talked about the fact that it was possible to run BOSS from MOM. Wrinkly Ninja said nothing about MOM, just said that NMM needed to work with the BOSS Team for compatibility in order to not violate the permissions requirements. The thread is here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/453338-req-integrate-boss/

Unless I'm missing something in my test install, NMM stores all the mod data within the Oblivion folder. So MOM should have no trouble at all with it. NMM will not even realize you've got a second install. OBMM is entirely fooled by it too, assuming OBMM isn't installed weirdly.

Unless I'm missing something in my test install, NMM stores all the mod data within the Oblivion folder. So MOM should have no trouble at all with it. NMM will not even realize you've got a second install. OBMM is entirely fooled by it too, assuming OBMM isn't installed weirdly.

OBMMex isn't fooled but all I need to do to fix that is copy the scripting folder from one image to another. I have tested that and NMM is as fooled by it as OBMM.

When the time comes will allow those interested to give MIMI a good testing :yes:

Currently working on MIMI's INI backup frunctions, each INI backup is date and time stamped and there are no limits to how many you can have. All backups reside in the chosen games My Games folder inside a BackUp folder. All backups are listed and any can be restored by selecting it in the list and clicking the restore button :dance:

MIMI_UI04.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...