DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] MiMi - Multiple Install Manager Interface

InsanitySorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Question ... after an exchange on beth forums about Skyrim Installation Swapper here - I learned that it is really more geared for those with SSD and smaller hard drives and does not back up the vanilla files.

Will this application work like MOM did and back up the vanilla files (good old redundancy)?

thanks

Quick Launch - Allows you to launch the game ect, just like the launch options the main UI has

Quick Swap - This allows you to set two Images that get added to the minimize menu, these two images can be swapped between though I've not worked out if this will bypass most of the UI stuff or not, it's usually pretty important XD

The quick swap images are added by selecting the images in the list, right-clicking it and then choosing which of the two slots you want it in.

MiMi_ImageMenu.png

MoM Images Import

In MiMi's settings menu you'll find an option for importing MoM's images file. You click the button and MiMi will do a few quick checks to make sure you're using Oblivion and have the directories set, after which she'll ask you to find the Images.xml file. After selecting it she'll read it, rename all the Images and then ask you if you want her to move them.

Now there are two options, you can let MiMi move them for you, might take a while though, or you can do so yourself later on, though those images won't work until you move the folders yourself.

I'm hoping this is an easy way of supporting Images created with MoM.

MiMI_MoM.jpg

MiMi supports different games, not every game uses the same modding tools, even some familiar ones are different for each game. So to help with that and hopefully avoid problems MiMi allows you to change that information, this information is stored with in the game file, all neat and tidy.

To help users fill in the information for tools used, I included a button in the Settings Tab that opens a menu for you to edit it.

MiMi_GameTools.jpg

If you don't want to use something just leave the fields blank, MiMi will then ignore it.

While working on MiMi last night an idea popped into my head, an option to backup your Image. I've seen people mention the idea of keeping a backup of their install zipped and put away for safe keeping.

After thinking about it for a little while I decided to add this feature in, you select the Image from the list, right-click and select the Create Backup option.

mimibackup.jpg

MiMI will setup a MiMi_Backup folder in each of the directories (App Data, My Games (User) and the Images Directory you have set), she will then create a zipped backup of your selected Image and place it in the backup folder.

mimizipui.png

This will most likely be one of the least used features, but it'll be there for those that want it.