DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Reclaiming Sancre Tor: Support, Thread II

DarkRider

RSTSupport.jpg

This thread is where players can post their requests for help in dealing with technical issues, mod conflicts, general gameplay assistance and more relating to DarkRider's Reclaiming Sancre Tor. While all reports will be addressed as quickly as possible, please understand that an updated .esp might not be immediately offered for a single report. Smaller aesthetic reports may be fixed and updated after a few have accumulated only to limit the number of times folks need to redownload. This is the place for your questions, feel free to post them big and small.

:toast:

To see what Bugs or Conflicts are already being addressed, visit our Read-Only Bug Tracker

RST Support Thread I

• Upvote 1

:rofl: It must not like Dwip's avatar. I edited the RST version, cranked it back one level, best I can do. XD

Update: Version 1.0.4 will probably be up at some point tomorrow/later today (Sunday, Nov 6th) folks. I've done quite a bit of editing, some little remaining tidying can carry over to 1.0.5, but this one is kind of major to get it out there with bug fixes, so look for it. :good:

Ooo, new thread. Shiny!

</khajiit>

@DarkRider from old thread:

(Maces) -It's an old dungeon, things are bound to break, lucky you, trap failure is the adventurer's friend

...I'll take that. :)

(Rock Spiders) -Well...the rock spiders have the same health as an ogre, that's not exactly unreasonably stupid, again they're leveled so that's going to make them tougher. Looks like a better combat style has improved this performance.

Re: second, cool. Re: first, by "stupid huge" I mean "Wow that's a lot of hp!" and not much else. If you figure, though, that I killed, what, 20-something of the things during that dungeon (as I say, three and a half full hp weapons went from 100 to 0 health in there), that's a lot more than any ogres you'll ever fight. They also turn out to be higher-leveled and have more hp than ogres - 3 levels higher and on order of +50-60 hp at any given level you care to calculate for. It's a bunch. Just saying.

(Web Mazes) -You'd think once you couldn't pass through one of these extra heavy duty webs the confusion would pass. Isn't it nice to do new things? That stone is vanilla and chooses strength of the charge based on level, as I said before your level 30 character is at the cap for RST (I adjusted the readme for the next version to be more clear on this) the challenges are bound to be much harder at that level, that doesn't make the design excessive though. I've run that dungeon dozens of times at levels 10, 15, 22 with no issues.

Honestly, my first thought was "oh great, some kind of whack collision glitch." Said webs don't really give any impression of being extra-special heavy duty. If they did, cool, but they so totally don't. And, as it turns out, the monster killer spell on that stone kicks in at level 21, which isn't particularly impossible, insofar as most of my skills are maxed and I've already gained 3 levels or so from RST quests. At level 30 I've actually got a better chance of survival, and this with a high endurance guy. Milage may vary, however.

(Caves) -The cave kit is being used in an unconventional way, in that use, I think it looks great.

We agree. It's an awesome dungeon, extremely atmospheric. That doesn't change the fact that there are really really noticable cave seams that come from cave meshes having been rotated when they shouldn't have been rotated (since you don't need to rotate the various A/B/C/D meshes, just get the right one). It's not really the hugest deal in the world, but it is fixable with relative ease.

(I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire, Just Spiders) -There is only one way to press the blocks, the doors are locked and only unlock as each block is pressed unless consoled open Not advisable to linger there long enough for Mama to squeeze in, as you say sad times for all, bad strategy, tag the block and move on while she's distracted. It's in the wiki even.

Wait, wait, hold up. That's not what happened even a little bit. I hit the main gate button, and ALL the gates opened at the same time, along with the webbing leading into the welkynd cavern (I think, I was definitely in there prior to mom's death). I didn't console anything. And then I very specifically started with what I thought was the first buttton nearest to me (it was the last button), since there was zero clue as to which button to start with except location.

Be that as it may, I dunno if you're aware just how fast those smaller spiders that get spawned are, but it's entirely possible for them to just run up and trap you in there in the time it takes to run in, mash the button, and turn around. Happened to me no less than twice, thus forcing me to (finally) use the console and tcl out. Hence the alcoves suggestion, which avoids the whole "getting trapped by spiders that take a minute to kill each" thing and keeps the battle in the arena the whole time. :shrug:

As to the wiki, I didn't actually go to check it until, I dunno, pretty late in the battle when I was trying to figure out how she wasn't dead. Nor, to be sure, do I feel I should have had to consult the wiki to figure the battle out in the first place, but that's a whole other thing.

Incidentally, can you tell I really enjoyed the setting spiders on fire part? It brought glee to my heart.

(Grazing In the Grass Is A Gas Baby Can You Dig It?) -Yes that's the way and the road is meant to be overgrown as it's no longer in use.

Cool. Figured, but was curious.

I'll look into into it thanks, do me a favor though and wait for v 1.0.4 before going to Gothcorga, it will cut your next list in half

That's the next part, right? Can do. I like small lists, you like small lists, everyone is happy!

(except Dagon. Dagon is not happy. But that's ok, right?)

[edit] Oh look, ninjas! :ninja:

i didn't think spider queen was all that hard either. even though the gates for the buttons opened at the same time. when i mashed each one and nothing happened i figured it had to be in sequence, didn't take me all that long to figure it out. was a bit hard to fight avoid the mini spiders though, but not overly so.

i used to be a student of ninpo (aka ninjitsu), i like ninja just fine. :ninja:

So I have found something that is rather game-stopping.

When I place the 4 stones in the alter to open the dragon gate, I get the msg that its open, but for some reason the fire stone is returned to my inventory and I can not enter the portal. This one is confused by this, sorry if this has been reported before.

Hope the kid is feeling better.

A question this time instead of a bug report :)

Would there be any objection to including RST in a weather filter support update for All Natural? I'll have to double check but I don't recall if the building interiors were also custom meshes or if they're using Skingrad interiors.

Hope the kid is feeling better.

On the mend now, thanks. It was a vaccine reaction came on out of the blue, she's doing much better :baby:

Would there be any objection to including RST in a weather filter support update for All Natural? I'll have to double check but I don't recall if the building interiors were also custom meshes or if they're using Skingrad interiors.

No outright objections, I reckon this is for the handful of interiors that use the "Behave as Exterior" lighting? I'm not sure what that's for so just shoot me a PM with some details on what it's for and what's involved. I don't think there's a problem, but I'd like to document what it is. :ok:

As for version 1.0.4, it's nearly finished, there's an AI issue. The fix I made for Bruin's Horse Seller convo bug, ended up breaking his AI down the line further (I'm actually kind of glad I tested for that before releasing the update :lmao:) Now while Skyrim's launch may distract me off and on for gameplay, the release does not mean I will be stopping support on RST, the update will be finished as soon as possible, I know a lot of folks are waiting on it. Soon as Bruin cooperates relatively predictably, I'll update as planned. He just needs some adjustments through his routine to compensate for that early change. :good:

It was a vaccine reaction came on out of the blue, she's doing much better :baby:

Ugh, those are no fun. :sick: Glad she's doing better.

On topic:

One last thing you might want to look at before releasing 1.0.4: Making Jauffre remain "essential" at least until RST starts. I know he was only "mostly dead" after getting hit by my massively poisoned arrow, but nobody mentioned that to the Night Mother. She sent Lucien LeChance to visit me in the barracks of Sancre Tor. I find it very disturbing that he can get past that many Blades. I ended up using spells from one of my own mods to remove the bounty and infamy that resulted from that :lol: (that battle is one of the main reasons I made it, actually).