DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creating a map for my mod

DsoS

Okay, so for the past 3 or 4 hours I have been trying to create a map for my mod. I'll I hit are issues. I'm following the two tutorials listed below:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Landscape_LOD_Tutorial#Creating_the_LOD_Diffuse_Maps_.28Color_Textures.29

I get the Black Texture Bug, and the programs that are suppose to help with it doesn't work for me.

Could anyone please help me with creating the map. I'm just a day or two from public release on this mod and it needs the map.

please :please: please I'm begging someone to help me

Thank You

DSoS

sorry yes the python script and the DDS converter. Neither one works.

The DDS converter wouldn't convert it to TGA or any other format. The convert button was grayed out.

the python script just would not work at all.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Fully updated all device drivers current, except the Video card (I have issues with the newer versions)

Also, the CS(e) crashes after the Quad LOD has been generated.

I have no clue how many quads I'm using.

Since you're running Win7 Pro I guess the next solution is to go get the XP download that you can run in a VM on your computer and then you could run the dds converter. But I don't know if python runs in it since I haven't run a XP VM since I was beta testing for MS... Sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Generating LOD textures takes a lot of picky work, especialy since the CS is bugged and won't generate them properly. No one else is likely to be willing to just do them for you.

If you tell us;

the exact steps you followed

where you ran into problems

and exactly what the problems were

we should be able to get you up and running. It's a fiddly painstaking process, but it is certainly doable.

WT

So far the best way I have found to create a map are with mods. Huh? how you ask...

Minmap by kyoma

image stitcher by Timeslip(can be aquired on Map Marker Overhauls DL Page @ Nexus)

a imaging program like photoshop or similar(hopefully with a guided doc(I have made one somewhere if you'd like to pm me. It is Photoshop tho))

dds convertor and/or irfanview for batch processing.

A mod script, IIRC aelius posted somewhere on the MMO thread on the official forums to generate the textures before CTD(which seems to be unavoidable).

And here is the first SI map WIPz beta that I didn't quite get finished yet(or maybe ever). I made it quickly enough with the programs/apps mentioned above. it is not perfect, but with some time and scaling it could be...

SECellGridMapBetav0.1.7z

Note: you will need a lot of hard drive space for generated textures if your mod map is of decent size...(SI or bigger)

Edited by Metallicow

• 2 weeks later...

Super late, but I'll weigh in for future reference:

Typically, I assemble LOD by hand. Individual cell images will be in a subfolder within the LOD folder, named according to their coordinates. You can align then together easily enough, and it actually gives you a higher resolution image than the standard generated LOD. It's not a fast or fun process by any means, but it gets the job done if nothing else will.