DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creature crashing when shadows are on.

AlonsoM

Hello! Some time ago, I made a creature that is essentially two swords that attack you. I made everything from scratch.(the models, the animations, the skeleton) It works perfectly for me. I don't crash and I dont seem to have any issues. But when I sent it to someone else to test it, they said that when shadows are turned on, it crashes for them. I am not sure why it is crashing or why it works for me only. If anybody here can help me with the problem, I would owe you my life :)

Here is a link to the files : Creature Files

The creature is in Aleswell Inn, on the second floor. Any help would be appreciated and thanks. :thumbup:

Hmm, works just fine for me. Tried it multiple times with shadows on and off. Must be something unique to your buddie's setup. I'm assuming from your post that it works OK for him with shadows off which rules out instalation issues, is that correct? If so, get him to try running his game with shadows on without your mod loaded and see if it works.

It's a clever idea by the way and nicely done. :thumbup:

WT

Yeah that was me, but this version is working fine for me Alonso. We already considered it was specific, but more people had the same issues.

I have tried some older versions and they work as well now. I don't have any other plugins but the DLC and realistic water. I have been thinking and the only thing I have changed since last month are my video drivers. Ask that other friend of yours to update his drivers and test it out, if it is that simple it might be useful to put a note about AMD cards at the filepage. I hope it's just something simple like this Alonso.

• 1 month later...

I had another friend test the creature before I released the mod, and it crashed for him as well. This friend was running an Nvidia graphics card. I really am lost as to why this is happening. I have modded other creatures into Oblivion without problems and this never happened. Any ideas? Is this a problem on my end or on the users end?

Seems unlikely the problem is at your end, as it doesn't crash on either your rig or mine. Since your mod adds a completely new creature, mod conflict doesn't seem to likely either but you never know. Is your other friend running the same realistic water mod that Pronam is? Also does it run OK with shadows turned off for him?

WT

Seems unlikely the problem is at your end, as it doesn't crash on either your rig or mine. Since your mod adds a completely new creature, mod conflict doesn't seem to likely either but you never know. Is your other friend running the same realistic water mod that Pronam is? Also does it run OK with shadows turned off for him?

WT

The modder said that he did not have realistic waters. As for shadows, when they were turned off, it did not crash.

I seem to have fixed the problem. I exported my creature and mesh with 3DS Max and sent the edited files to the modders who were testing the creature, and they reported no crashes. Thanks for all your help, and if TesAlliance ever needs someone to teach animation, I would be more than happy to help.