DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Congrats Bethesda

comrad1980

Game of the year I can understand...but best studio?

Seriously, vast majority of PS3 players cant play the game and Bethesda cant even give them a fix by date....not to mention the heap of quiet despite all the major bugs being reported. Bethesda is definately not best studio.

Maybe they are and all the other studios are even worse than this?

Other than CDProjektRed, I can't think of a single other studio I'd automatically trust to put out a quality game that's as stable as Skyrim is right now. Yes, we're hearing a lot of people with problems. They're a vocal minority out of nearly 7 million units sold to date. That doesn't make the issues any less real or important, but it DOES mean they've outdone pretty much everyone else in the arena in 2011. Good enough for GOTY in my book.

I kind of have mixed feelings on this. I'm enjoying the game even with all the major quest breaking bugs because I can run around and do other things; ie look at the scenery. Being lied to about the necessity of steam only being for activation (which I'm now having problems trying to run Skyrim with steam set as offline breaking my internet connection until I do a full reboot of my computer and NOT playing Skyrim after reboot) And we're being told that none of the quest bugs will be fixed until sometime next month... I don't know, I think its only been a month and it was too early to even be considered.

Just as an aside, I'm not sure how this GoTY and stuff works since the first game I bought in years was Oblivion and it was labeled GoTY.

On the other hand, I see so much more that just blows me away about the game and the possiblities when we get to start modding it. I'm finding it hard to think about going back and playing Oblivion right now :)