WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
SKSE - Skyrim Script Extender.
Works with Skyrim version 1.8

Information Only Thread
Please see the latest thread on the beth forum for requests.

The download is here, but the only way I could actually download it was to right-click on the link and say 'Save Target As...' and rename the extension as a '7z' file type.
Download: http://skse.silverlock.org/

In this folder you place the dll and exe files from SKSE:
\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim
skse_1_8_151.dll
skse_loader.exe
skse_steam_loader.dll

:smarty: Smarty says: If you had installed previous versions of SKSE, delete the old 'skse_1_4_21.dll' files. The numbers may vary depending on the old version you 'had' installed before.

If you have plugnin files that use SKSE, you make this folder path if it does not already exist:
\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins

In this new folder, you place the plugin files from the mods, per their instructions.

SKSE Mods:
If the version of Skyrim changes, these mods will be unusable until you download the new version of SKSE and the mods below. And remember, the makers of these mods may not update their mod in a timely fashion so you may have to go without the mod for a while.
Some of these mods may not be updated and will not work with newer versions of the game and SKSE.

1. Elys Uncapper - Uncap skills, additional skill points :clap:
The default settings of this plugin will unlock the skill level caps of 100 and push them to 300. This allows you character to potentially reach level 252.
You will also get benefits from skills above level 100, up to level 400 including enchantement bonuses.
You may also tweaks the settings of this plugin to set your own caps, to modify the experience earning rate of each skill, or to change the number of perks gained at a specific level.
Download Nexus: http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=1175
:smarty: This is what I use for my skill points gained per level. You simply edit the SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file and remove the semi-colon from in front of the values to activate them.
Spoiler

2. Container Categorization
Enables categories for containers (chests, wardrobes, etc) when viewing inventory screens.
Download Nexus: http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=1227

3. SkyUI - UI changes :thumbup:
Aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard, less wasteful of available screen space and nicer to look at.
Download Nexus: http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=3863

4. SkyUI - Celtic Icons Upgrade :thumbup:
Changes the look of the icons used by the SkyUI mod above.
Download Nexus: http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=3979

5. Smart Souls
Souls only go into the gem they fit. So a Petty soul will no longer take one of your Grand Soul gems.
Download Nexus: http://forums.bethso...el-smart-souls/

6. Categorized Favorites Menu
Pick your favorite 'Favotires' menu display.
Download Nexus: http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=4862

Edited by WillieSea, 11 February 2013 - 12:11 AM.

donnato

donnato

• Senior Allies
  • 3,820 posts

Users Awards
:woohoo: Thank you Willie...this is very informative.

darkstone

darkstone

Major

• TESA Team III
  • 1,025 posts

Users Awards
I`m using a few SKSE plugins that others may find useful

Perk Points - Lets you set the number of perk points you gain per level

Container Categorization - makes searching through your store chests and barter/loot menus so much easier by adding categories

TESV Acceleration Layer - wonderful little plugin that has gained me on average 7 - 9 fps.

donnato

donnato

• Senior Allies
  • 3,820 posts

Users Awards
Thanks Stoney...this will be a great help...Willie...updates are much appreciated..:pints: to all

ResolveThatChord

ResolveThatChord

Disciple

• Allies
  • 377 posts

Users Awards
Skills effective up to level 400?

Ha. Ahaha. Ah HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

darkstone

darkstone

Major

• TESA Team III
  • 1,025 posts

Users Awards
Quick heads up on the TESV Acceleration Layer, there seems to be a game breaking bug cropping up with this plug-in so use at your own risk.

ThomasKaira

ThomasKaira

Disciple

• Allies
  • 307 posts

Users Awards

Quick heads up on the TESV Acceleration Layer, there seems to be a game breaking bug cropping up with this plug-in so use at your own risk.

To be specific, it is causing scripts to lag/not execute (most common example is escaping Helgen with Ralof, with TESVAL, Ralof does not hide from the Imperials after he removes your bindings and the Imperials do not react to being attacked). It may also be causing certain objects to vanish, but I'm not sure about that one.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
I wondered why Ralof and the imperial soldiers just stood there as I hacked away at them... After I got the key, Ralof acted normally again and I had no other issues. I have added a caution to the accelerator mod for now.

ThomasKaira

ThomasKaira

Disciple

• Allies
  • 307 posts

Users Awards

I wondered why Ralof and the imperial soldiers just stood there as I hacked away at them... After I got the key, Ralof acted normally again and I had no other issues. I have added a caution to the accelerator mod for now.

And now a hotfix has been released which fixes the problem. :)

Ysne58

Ysne58

Beta Tester

• Beta Guild
  • 1,123 posts

Users Awards
The latest update for TESV Acceeration Layer was created by ianpatt and is available on both the SKSE site and over at Nexus. I've been shepherding it over on Nexus. This is an example of just how amazing this community really is.

Meo

Meo

Ambassador

• Ambassadors
  • 557 posts

Users Awards
All those neat little mods, makes Beth look bad.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
I just learned about SkyEdit. I am making my own little weapons, armor and spell mod for my own enjoyment. I wanted to turn a circlet into a 'dragon scale' helm for better screenies of my character. Now I have! :lol:

Ysne58

Ysne58

Beta Tester

• Beta Guild
  • 1,123 posts

Users Awards
Elys updated the uncapper to work with the 1.4 patch.

shadeMe is going to try to get a Smar Souls update out this week end.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
The SKSE update (v1.04.10) works with Skyrim (v1.4.21).
Elys has also updated their mod to work with the new Skyrim patch.
And if you haven't yet, check out the newest SkyUI updates.

DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Layman

• Allies
  • 1 posts

The SKSE update (v1.04.10) works with Skyrim (v1.4.21).
Elys has also updated their mod to work with the new Skyrim patch.
And if you haven't yet, check out the newest SkyUI updates.

For the next version/update can you enable the GBO (GetBaseObject) console command that helps you pinpoint the NPC or Object ID for such? Very useful console command/tool I like to use in Fallout's SE.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards

For the next version/update can you enable the GBO (GetBaseObject) console command that helps you pinpoint the NPC or Object ID for such? Very useful console command/tool I like to use in Fallout's SE.

This is an 'information only' thread with links to favorite SKSE mods as well as help in getting them installed and working.
The official request thread is on the Beth forum.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
I have updated the information to the current version of SKSE.

Remember, if you have a favorite mod that uses SKSE, post it here.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

Disciple

• Allies
  • 363 posts

Users Awards
You might want to mention that TES V Acceleration layer is no longer needed with the 1.4 release.

Another favourite of mine is Smart Souls. It needs to be updated to work with the latest release, but hopefully shadeMe will be able to get to that next week.

I haven't seen Categorized Favorites Menu listed either. Another nice mod.

WillieSea

WillieSea

• Moderators
  • 5,214 posts

Users Awards
Thanks AndalayBay, I have updated the first post with your links. :)

Ysne58

Ysne58

Beta Tester

• Beta Guild
  • 1,123 posts

Users Awards

You might want to mention that TES V Acceleration layer is no longer needed with the 1.4 release.

Another favourite of mine is Smart Souls. It needs to be updated to work with the latest release, but hopefully shadeMe will be able to get to that next week.

I haven't seen Categorized Favorites Menu listed either. Another nice mod.

I thought I had mentioned that about TESVAL here. Thanks for catching that Andalaybay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users