DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

D3d9.dll Causing lag of biblical purportions + ther issues.

Dollparts

Okay, there may be a thread for this or a post somewhere but I didn't check so.. don't yell at me if this has been asked and solved for someone already. :P

When I installed Skyrim the game was running like absolute garbage. It was so slow and choppy, even on bare minimal settings. If I set the game to ultra the game looks nicer but still ran like garbage. I didn't know what to do and I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this but I deleted the d3d9.dll file in my Skyrim directory and the game suddenly ran like melted butter on a naked baby's bum. It was weird. No lagging, no choppiness, just completely smooth and quick running game playing.

So FXAA injector stuff started popping up and I was interested in it so I downloaded a few files from Nexus to try it out and what should I find in almost every FXAA mod I download? A d3d9.dll file. Sure enough, putting that, along with the rest of the files in one of the mods made the visual changed but once again the game was running like... uhg! Just really, really poorly.

I'm still at this dilemma. And it seems to be that its just this bloody d3d9.dll file causing trouble and it's pure rubbish! Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it? I mean I can live without it, I have been since the end of November, but I would like to experience some of these FXAA Injectors goodness if I can.

Edited by Dollparts

That d3d9.dll in your install directory was added by a mod. (Think you stated that already). I used that and it didn't do any good. You can go ahead and delete it and make sure that you have the DX 9 installed that was suggested to be sure that you have the current version of DX9 and not corrupted anything.

On a side note I found I had a lot better luck using this Nvidia Tweak Guild for Skyrim . I have an ATI card and the guild was pretty easy to understand and almost all of it applied to my card even if some of the suggestions were in the Nvidia control panel. ( I just looked for the same options in the ATI control panel)

hth