DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[IDEA] Beowulf or 13th Warrior "inspired" quests

Rowan

I'm a big fan of norse mysthology, who isn't? And recreating some of those stories, not to the letter, but roughly following the same plot points would be so awesome.

Also a movie that I think could be really well adapted to fit into Skyrim is the 13th Warrior:

wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_13th_Warrior

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1d8E9GglvA&feature=related

And the great thing about doing this would be that very few assets would have to be made from scratch (although some would be nice to add more quality to the mod). It would just require someone knowledgeable about building quests and a few willing voice actors. This is definitely a project I'd like to undertake once the CK comes out since it will be less difficult that the Dark Spire and good practice.

Probably the 13th Warrior will be my story of choice since the Beowulf one was already done in Blood Moon and is less well know and almost as awesome.

So what do you guys think? Is something that you would like to see?

Edited by Rowan

haha, I don't want to make the player start a new character to play the mod! even if it would be more true to the movie, it would be too limiting. Only a handful of players play redguards. :/ A twist that we COULD put on it is that the player character is one of the other 12 warriors instead being the 13th and the 13th could very well be a foreigner. Being a thane of whatever hold you start out in could then be a reasonable requirement for the quest since it's fairly easy to become one.

Basically I just want to follow the main plot points and the general story of the movie rather than totally copying it, i.e. using all the same names for characters and places.

It's really a shame the movie was such a financial disaster! I actually hadn't realized that before reading the article.

Edited by Rowan

• 5 weeks later...

haha, I don't want to make the player start a new character to play the mod! even if it would be more true to the movie, it would be too limiting. Only a handful of players play redguards. :/ A twist that we COULD put on it is that the player character is one of the other 12 warriors instead being the 13th and the 13th could very well be a foreigner. Being a thane of whatever hold you start out in could then be a reasonable requirement for the quest since it's fairly easy to become one.

Basically I just want to follow the main plot points and the general story of the movie rather than totally copying it, i.e. using all the same names for characters and places.

It's really a shame the movie was such a financial disaster! I actually hadn't realized that before reading the article.

hmmm....one of my favourite movies as well :-).... I think beth has taken a lot from it already...just look at the Forsworn...for example when you have to get the pommel of Merunes Razor during the Pieces of the Past quest...you can do it as a complete sneak mission....I didi it last nignt and it was amazing ...using just a bow and dagger for sneak kills....it was really like in the 13th warrior :-) including the boss fight against the witch...

for your idea...what'a about an isolated forsworn tribe combined with some canibal stuff...maybe taking place on a separeted island to the north of skyrim...

cheers

• 3 months later...

Hey onra! Sorry for the late response. But yeah, you're right, the forsworn are a bit like the wendol. I won't have any time to really work on this project this summer, but this winter I should have some free time. :)