DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

3D Craftworks: Importing Weapons into Skyrim

• 2 months later...

You have a great tutorial and it really helped but I have a slight problem. While in-game the sword won't leave the sheath. It just kinda stays in there while you hold an invisible sword. It works for the offhand though. Is there something I need to add after if it is a custom mesh so it will come out?

• 3 months later...

This tutorial right here, man.

This is my modding bible. Thank you for that.

But I have one small issue; When you say you can delete the Scb branch, what exactly do we have to rename back to Scb? I don't have a scabbard to import, I did not make one.

If you don't have a scabbard you can skip any parts where I mentioned one.

Well I don't have a scabbard to import so I just deleted the Scb node that was there. But the post says to edit a node back to Scb, which node is that?

Edit: welp, apparently I just removed the entire branch and it seems to work. So weird...I'm gonna figure out if I can break it again and post what I did. I need to know what's causing my issues >.< so I can stop them

Double Edit: OK! I figured out why CK would get pissy and crash when I tried to set my 1st person model and world model. I was working with a sword, so I went to the block that my mesh was in and made sure the attribute (the "Value") was "WeaponSword". I accidentally set it to the actual name of my weapon...so when I changed that, the CK accepted my nif. Hope that helps for anyone else having trouble...lets see if that's my only issue `-`

Edited by blink

Well I don't have a scabbard to import so I just deleted the Scb node that was there. But the post says to edit a node back to Scb, which node is that?

That was for the node of the imported part, so when you repeat the steps and create a block for the scabbard it'd have a name say "SteeLongsword". For it to work as a scabbard that node would need to be renamed to "Scb", but since you didn't have a scabbard that bit could be ignored.

• 2 months later...

Hi thx for your guide it helped me a lot but now i did everything exactly the way you did and whenever the game is confronted with this weapon the game freezes. the only thing that was different was that there were 3 parts of the sword instead of one. So i linked the textures in each one of them. I´d be very thankful if you could help me with this problem ps: sry for my bad english

• 6 months later...