DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Frontier

Antiscamp

FRONTIER

Skyrim is a beautiful game with a stunning landscape. It is also immensely detailed; wherever you go in the land of Skyrim you will find details like ruins, cottages, villages, mills and the lot. This is all nice and well, but some of us would have appreciated the untouched wilderness and its raw beauty and dangers as well. As it is now, vanilla Skyrim has no such. Wherever you turn, you are met by constructions or other instances that never give you the feeling of exploring a vast, formidable and dangerous Nordic wilderness.

This mod is going to change that in its own worldspace. The main feature of this mod will be its wilderness and unexplored areas. The player will explore lands and sites where no man has gone before. This will all be done without ever presenting the player with boring or tedious situations or locations. All land created will be done with the intent of being interesting, impressive and present the player with some glorious vistas and also to encourage exploring of the land; finding new locations and new civilizations out there. The southern part of the new continent will also be beautifully colonized and civilized with at least one major city, several small towns, castles, monasteries and farms. This southern part will be designed to look and feel as historically Medieval as possible.

There will be a great number of quests including a main storyline which sees the player rule and build his own town and castle in the land. The whole mod will be incorporated in a natural way into Elder Scrolls Lore and the continent is made to fit naturally into the rest of Tamriel as it is during the time Skyrim takes place.

The mod will be designed and developed by myself entirely. I will make use of very carefully selected modder's resources where I find it useful to add flavour to the mod. I am known to pull off enormous projects like this on my own and I am known to do it well (Ref: Fairy Tale for Civ4, Dibella's Watch for Oblivion). It may take years to complete, but I'll get there eventually. I am a one-man-modding-army and this will be my greatest campagin yet!

Read Frontier's development Blog for detailed information.

th_FrontierMapLabelled.jpg

That looks great Antiscamp!

I have already a familiar feeling with "Frontier" as it seems to be similar to what you did in "Dibellas Watch": A new continent, a detailed lore, a breath-taking mainquest and - of course - lots of new and interesting places in a beautiful countryside.

I hope to walk some steps together with you on that long and winding road. :)

Yep! To some extent, Frontier is Dibella's Watch 2. There will be numerous references to DW, although this will be entirely free-standing from that mod. I will continue to do the stuff I'm good at and perhaps get better at it too.

I'm glad to have you with me. It will be like the good old times :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have a wishlist, Meo. Listen and learn :smug:

I've been meaning for a long time to ask you to create some Celtic Crosses again. I have a player-owned county planned, called Lindumshire, and its symbol is a Celtic Cross. I used your Celtic Crosses in Dibella's Watch too for the player-owned county there, so it's all being tied together. I would also be very much interested in fairy tale castles. There's a fairy tale Breton kingdom in the north east of my continent, and my lore states that they build impressive fairy tale castles on high rocks there among the swamps and hotsprings. I think you're the right man for that.

Also, I'm looking for a small chapel, of the type we had in Oblivion. English countryside small church type. I think that would be a very popular thing among modders overall. I have a mega-cathedral in my capital already, built from the Temple of the Nine in Solitude with different parts attached, but for a small country village, such a grand church wouldn't do. Square-shaped castle towers and keeps would also be excellent, perhaps to go together with the rest of the Imperial fort architecture. We have the round Imperial towers that look great, but in real Medieval history, they started building them round when gunpowder came along (because the cannonballs bounced off round towers).

When I get to my "Limes" (the northern fortified border between civilization and the barbarians), I will be building military camps using your tents. In fact, your tents without the Imperial symbolism was the very first resource that went on my list when I started out on this. I am also looking forward to your new farmhouses and will be using those when you're finished, so keep at them. I think there's a lot of interest in them already. :yes:

I'm sure I can think of more. I'm just the ideas guy. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking great, Antiscamp.

I can't commit to doing it *now*, because I'm buried with an Oblivion mod that's been in work for 18 months and is finally nearing beta (it's a large mod, so that 18 months is not a big surprise to me...like you, I undertake long projects intentionally). But... If you're willing to wait a bit for it, I would be interested in undertaking the mesh design (in Blender) for your country chapel. I have been doing some background research already for a medieval village tile set that I'd like to create as a modder resource for Skyrim and Oblivion (I'd offer both versions), with custom textures so it avoids Bethesda's intellectual property entirely.

• 3 months later...