DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #37

InsanitySorrow

The Lurker's Lair

Welcome to the Lurker's Lair! This thread was inspired by the one of the same name on Bethesda Game Studios' Forums.

The Lurker's Lair is place where you come share with us your latest experiences and your everyday life. It's a cosy place to sit back and enjoy good conversation, consolation and encouragement but spammers beware - that's not a ticket to free reign, the rules still apply here.You've got to stay on-topic, even if the topic is as simple as "How's life, pal?"

TES Alliance's Lurker's Lair plays with the same set of rules as Bethesda's, found here.

Here's a quick reminder of them :

1. No spam. Any post that is not informative or adding to the discussion is considered spam.

2. If you come into the lair to be disruptive it is trolling. No trolling.

3. All rules of the forum apply here in the Lurker’s Lair and are to be followed.

4. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

5. If you observe someone breaking the rules, please report the post and contact a Moderator. Do not attempt to police them yourselves.

And so, without further ado... Welcome to the Lurker's Lair!

In the last thread, we learned that:

• Borderlands and Plants Vs. Zombies are wicked cool games.
  • No one is really safe from puzzle game addiction
  • Lots of people are really excited about Fable 3
  • A terabyte of storage is not enough
  • Dihydrogen monoxide is evil
  • Giving credit to everyone who contributed is sometimes a pain in the butt, do it anyways
  • Living across the street from Beana is dangerous business
  • Lizards are tasty goodness!
  • Glaedr moonlights as a superhero
  • Big books go on the bottom shelf
  • Echo comes up with strange ideas when he doesn't sleep
  • Poke-fied animals are rather popular

Bugger.

I've just had my account with Invision Power Services yanked. Unexpectedly received a message saying it had been terminated due to attempts to access another account. When I asked for further information, it transpired it's because I had a quick look around to see who was using the system resources during a slowdown: no hacking at all, just looking at stuff that was openly accessible.

Coincidentally, I'd just changed my registered name there due to a change in personal circumstances.

Hard to say if the two were linked, but it was dealt with pretty unprofessionally and I've been given no redress whatsoever.

Seriously bummed out by that considering it was my own little corner of the internet I could call me own. Really very depressing indeed, and not exactly what I'd expected of the company in question, though I've heard a few concerned murmurings for quite a while now...

Fortunately the aftermath has been quite positive since I'm now hosted on a faster server with a company that charges me a lot less. It was a really quite unpleasant experience but I guess I just need to move on: I should learn from it though, and in this case I should learn to listen to the increasingly loud mumblings of discontent from other people which had been going on for a couple of years!

I'm still none the wiser as to what happened since the accusation was absolutely baseless and the means in which it was handled seems rather irregular, to put it mildly. Either the person who was on my case (their CEO!) is technically incompetent or he didn't want to tell me the real reason I was being given the boot, but either way it's not good. Definitely one to avoid, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well atleast you found something better off then what you had, its still wrong for them to keep you in the dark though. Its wierd, in the last while I have heard of a couple people having problems with companies that are hiding info or doing things for no apparent reason. I know on the bioware forums, someone had an ME3 CE cancelled for no apparent reason and in the end the company said "oops" here is your $$ sorry we screwed up but we cant give you what you want.

Well atleast you found something better off then what you had, its still wrong for them to keep you in the dark though. Its wierd, in the last while I have heard of a couple people having problems with companies that are hiding info or doing things for no apparent reason. I know on the bioware forums, someone had an ME3 CE cancelled for no apparent reason and in the end the company said "oops" here is your $$ sorry we screwed up but we cant give you what you want.

Yeah, I think it's Game who did that: not the first time they've been involved in that sort of malarky. In their case I suspect it's incompetence at work; in my recent experience, who knows, but a bit of digging around revealed that my case is far from unique and IPS seem to have done the same thing to a number of people for entirely arbitrary reasons. I guess I shouldn't get so upset in cases such as this where it's easy enough to take my business elsewhere...

People who run businesses often work in mysterious ways. I guess to understand them you'd need to think like them, so I consider it a blessing that I don't!

Yeah, I ordered the video cards 1/26/2012, so still under warranty.

I actually just send in a RMA request to EVGA, so hopefully I can get a new one in soon.

Edit:

I forgot to add that took a temp with a Fluke IR thermometer and the hottest point was over 150* F :blink:

Edited by DsoS

• 1 month later...