DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creation Kit Discussion

InsanitySorrow

Creation Kit Discussion

CreationKitSplash.jpg

This is our little corner of TESA where we can chat about the Creation Kit until we're blue in the face. Want to know where to get it?, Want to chat about a specific feature?, Well this is the place for you.

Keep the chat within TESA's rules and enjoy yourselves :salute:

Can't find the Creation Kit: Check out DarkRider's Introduction to the Creation Kit Part I for Full Install Instructions!

Additional Links:

Creation Kit Wiki

• Upvote 1

Custom races! Anyone know how to properly make one yet? I have sort of half-arsed it but I cannot change my races eyes or hair in game and she is completely naked, regardless of what I equip. It seems to me to solve the clothing/armor issue I need to do quite a bit of work. Which will be fine but my biggest concern is the eyes/hair. :dizzy:

Happy to have the CK finally. My itch for creating can now shift from Minecraft to Skyrim.

Also.. first post!

As was discussed in the shouty, you can find the Creation Kit by going to your Library tab.

Then from the toolbar click on, >View >Tools

There you will find the "Creation Kit"

The HD Texture pack.

Bottom left of steam is a "+ Add a game..." link.

>Browse the steam store for games

>Genres >RPG

New Releases shows the "Skyrim: High Resolution Texture Pack (Free DLC)"

@Willie - By going to Skyrims store page, scrolling down to the DLC bit, clicking the link then installing. Might have to check it in like normal plug ins, don't remember.

Also, yes, if the Creation Kit isn't in the list, just restart the Steam client.

(Should I make some pictures of where to find the stuff? Because if wanted, I could get it done in a few minutes.)

Collision boxes etc need to be generated via the controls on the toolbar at the top. The set on the far right marked with C are for collision planes/cubes/spheres.

Also a general tip. You can improve game performance for people by making use of Occlusion Planes. The two controls marked with O (as in oh, not zero) will allow you to place those. They block rendering of anything on the opposite side of them. Very handy for large cells and/or large additions to the outdoors. You'll notice these in the editor as big grey cubes and planes hiding underneath actual buildings and walls.

Custom races! Anyone know how to properly make one yet? I have sort of half-arsed it but I cannot change my races eyes or hair in game and she is completely naked, regardless of what I equip. It seems to me to solve the clothing/armor issue I need to do quite a bit of work. Which will be fine but my biggest concern is the eyes/hair. :dizzy:

Happy to have the CK finally. My itch for creating can now shift from Minecraft to Skyrim.

Also.. first post!

http://www.creationkit.com/Race

may be usefull to us both :P

race is relevant to me revenants at the moment.

Dont forget to install OPALs, will make you save precious time. Samples are at the bottom, just extract to common\Skyrim\OPAL folder. In the CK, select World \ Object Palette Editing. Load the one you want and voila. You can create your own too.

Anyone know why some lights go red when you zoom out from them a certain distance? I am working on the CK Basics: Lesson #2 and noticing my lights go dark and the bulb goes red when I am so far from them, but return to normal when I get closer with the camera.

Hey I reckon I am going to be very brave and do DarkRiders tutorial too.

I am having problems with races and presets too. In the preview window the body does not show up on a duplicated race where it does on the race that it has been duped from.

I also made what I thought was a preset, it appeared to save and I had it in the right place, but it refused to appear in game.

I hope with another squint at the wiki and maybe with some info from CK gurus on here, I will get to the bottom of it!

Anyone know how to get a merchant to work? I have not found a tutorial yet, and copying an existing merchant does not work (no surprise as it never worked in the previous games either, except Morrowind)

I am guessing I will need new dialogue for my new NPC.

I as well am having race issues, although in my case I am attempting to create a duplicate of the SabreCatSnowy race. The model doesn't render in the preview, and what I've seen just by manually scrolling through the race tabs suggests nothing (visible) has changed.

Edited by Jheuloh