DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creation Kit Discussion

InsanitySorrow

The CK has LAA support though. I'm on a 64 bit system. It can have up to 4GB and rarely ever uses more than 2GB. I don't think that's the problem.

I think it's just because the game has so many new form definitions that it slows down the database processing. Plus the graphic detail is so much higher and there's so many more things to display that the render window simply can't keep up.

Cutting back on background processes will only give so much. The CK probably just needs Bethesda to show it more love.

The CK has LAA support though. I'm on a 64 bit system. It can have up to 4GB and rarely ever uses more than 2GB. I don't think that's the problem.

I think it's just because the game has so many new form definitions that it slows down the database processing. Plus the graphic detail is so much higher and there's so many more things to display that the render window simply can't keep up.

Cutting back on background processes will only give so much. The CK probably just needs Bethesda to show it more love.

What you're saying Arthmoor has a question that needs to be answered and that's about running CK with Steam Client in offline mode. So can you do that run CK in offline mode?

Of course CK wiki will be unaccessible, but you can have a page of what you're interested in and read it with your browser.

I think Bethesda will wait to update CK after they have release Dawnstar or they are planning to release Skyrim GOTY at the end of this year, but I agree Bethesda really need to do something about CK.

Supposedly the CK will run with Steam in offline mode, but every time I've tried that, it whines that it needs the cloud service to be available. It did that even before I had any mods. All it does is complain to me, then shut down.

I run the CK and the game only offline too.

When I start my computer I am offline (W-Lan internet). First I start TES V, tell steam to start in offline mode. After it has connected to my (virtual?) account I close the game and connect with the internet. During the whole windows-session I can browse the internet and I can run the game and the CK in offline mode now.

My CK will not run in off-line mod either, and I turned the cloud off for it.

Really? I can and this is what I did. First launch Steam if you haven't done that then in Steam Client just shut down connection and Steam will need to be restarted. Now is Steam running in offline mode and close the Steam Client window (not Steam Client in systray). Launching CK now should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in CK, my getting used to the remapping of the 'C' and 'Y' on the keyboard is taking a bit of getting used to. While using Z-X-C for the Z-X-Y grid controls make "finger-sense", I still have trouble remembering to use 'Y' for the camera. I find myself tapping away at 'C' and wondering why the Render Window remains unchanged. And then there are those moments of panic, when the screen goes into the void when pressing 'Y' for a rotational move.

...And then there are the related tutorial entries that now cry for revision - at least I don't have to search for all such needs of change :read:

• 2 months later...

Well, in CK, my getting used to the remapping of the 'C' and 'Y' on the keyboard is taking a bit of getting used to. While using Z-X-C for the Z-X-Y grid controls make "finger-sense", I still have trouble remembering to use 'Y' for the camera. :read:

Hi, I'm new. Going through the tutorials starting with number 1. So to move items, you use "x, c, z", not "x, y , z"? This has been driving me bonkers since Y sends me to some strange place. Also, I can't figure out how to rotate items around the Z axis (ie: to place the chairs at angles toward the fireplace)

manipulating objects in the render window gets easier with practice I hope?

When I went to my cabin in game, I noticed a blurry seam along the floor where the walls go together. Does that mean I didn't get the wall pieces together quite right? They looked together in the render window so I'm wondering if they are supposed to slightly overlap or something to fit correctly.

Edited by shipwrek

;Yes the tutorial needs updating because Bethsoft remapped a couple keys. The z, x, y axis are now mapped to the z, x, c keys, the y key is now the Center Camera key. :good:

Yes, flickering, blurry seams mean they are probably not lined up right. :yes:

There's a thread CLICKY for questions related to the CK Basics classes, posting there will get you faster answers :yes: