DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Insanity's Texture Pack - Skyrim

InsanitySorrow

ISTPLogo.png

Download

Sky_Desc_Fixed.png

Note: Please note this is still a work in progress, I'll be updating it over time as I make more textures. But for now, enjoy these :D

Insanity's Texture Pack is just that, it's my very own texture pack for Skyrim.

Now I;m not going to mention the usual HD, HQ, more detailed ect crap people put on their mods now, instead I will simple say this. The textures are high resolution, most range from 1024x1024 for small clutter items right through to 2048x2048 for things like landscape, they are all new (not used any originals except for reference) and more vibrant.

The textures have been designed with Skyrim's style in mind, so all the new textures will fir perfectly fine. So don't worry about jarring differences.

What does it change:

• Landscape textures - roughly 60% of them have been changed
  • Caves
  • Farmhouses - Riverwood, Winterhold ect
  • Clutter - Some random clutter, like barrels and the cart
  • Azura's Star Interior
  • Water
  • Sunglare
  • Snowflakes
  • Whiterun - About 50%-ish, enough to make a big difference

Secondary note: The reduced version will take a little while to setup and upload, so please be patient.

Installation.png

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Skryim's Data folder.

Un-Installing.png

1. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

Contact.png

InsanitySorrow @ TES Alliance

Legal.png

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

• Upvote 60

Not only it is a good pack by itself, but - more - it is simply the best of all in terms of quality, performance and authenticity to vanilla-style. Three days ago I've had an ~10Gb HD texture pack for Skyrim (yes, I've downloaded almost every texture-related stuff I could find and handpicked best textures one by one from each), which recently decreased to 7Gb with the release of official HD pack. Now it's grown again almost by 1Gb, thanks to your awesome work)

Nevertheless, I've had to revert back a few things: snow itself and especially the "snowpath" textures just seemed a bit too flat (other road textures too, but that doesn't matters much, because they still are the best around). And this barrel01, it looks good as a raw dds, but just doesn't look that well in the game, for some reason (maybe bit flat, too? Because of the small round gag(?) in the middle?)

Once again, thank you for your hard -and fantastic- work.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Are you sure the barrel textures are being loaded?, Depth looks good to me:

gallery_378_305_15053.jpg

If you are comparing the snow texture to other texture mods, then yep you are right there is less depth, though there is more depth than the vanilla ones (original res). I did have one with more depth but well it was crap :lol:

Roads, yep you're right, one of the things annoying me, I'll most likely remake those later on.