DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Adding Birds

CrisG9

I hope to add some of the great resources for birds and animals that Mr Siika made for us but wanted to seek a bit of advice.

If you add a bird, and you have to select animations do we have the option to add flying and do you have to define a zone for that? I was going to add the vultures and seagulls, and noted there is a sound file for the seagulls, is there a special step for adding a new sound zone?

i also hoped to add the bunnies..and i tried a while ago but was not successful....he suggested we use the animation for rats, so i guess i can open up them in the CS and check the settings but just wanted to ask a bit of advice here first. thanks in advance for any help on this.

I've never looked at his resources. Does it come with a ReadMe? Does it come with new animations for flying birds?

Just guessing without seeing it, you'd have to set up a folder under creatures called birds, add the animations and nifs there (same for textures) and add them to the CS like a butterfly, which does use zones. Same for bunnies but they don't need zones. Basically, like he said, copy the rat folder and change out the meshes for his.

Sound files can be added under Data\Sounds\(create a folder) add the sound file. Also needs to be added into the CS, then just pull out a marker where you want the sound to be.

great thanks Hana, if i solve it i will do an esp and some files with his permission so others can enjoy them too who dont know how to use the CS, the bunnies are cute.

The vultures come with an esp and nifs and textures but no sounds. the nifs say they are animated and there are three varieties.

he says:

To make them move, create activators with the nifs. You can add sounds that way as well.

soooo, i got some studying to do :)

i will dig into the Tesa Wiki.... but i have to learn how to do actuators, which i am guessing are like the triggers for animations.

I think i can get a clue how to do it from his Better Ports package because he included his seagulls in that and placed some in Anvil, i have heard the sounds but not seen the birds flying yet so they may need to be added to the CS first with the actuators activated.

Edited by CrisG9