DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Class #1 - Start here for Basics

WillieSea

I cannot see the image since I do not have a userid for imageshack. I find that Photobucket works better and non-users can view images you upload.

You also have a place here at TESA you can upload screenies, its called 'My Gallery' and you can find if by clicking your name on the bottom toolbar (if your using the black skin) and creating a photo gallery for your images.

Using the command once is not going to make any noticeable difference for this tutorial with todays fast computers. And the nice thing about Skyrim scripts, they are no longer tied to FPS cycles, so they can run as long as they need to and your game will never slow down while it processes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

so here Screens from ingame... for a reason i dont know i dont get messages when i got somehting new in this case 1000 gold in my inventory, but i screened the inventory before and after. At last i made the Script as Screen too.

enb2013_12_1923_18_22_47_zps62918a88.png

enb2013_12_1923_22_21_80_zps50b5d389.png

enb2013_12_1923_22_30_40_zps92ec43b1.png

enb2013_12_1923_22_43_39_zps5cf72d7b.png

Greets

BlueBeast

Edited by WillieSea
  • Upvote 1

I deleted your image of the script. I would not want anyone copying you! :rofl:

That looks good. Award and cookie given! :thumbup:

Your not getting a message on the gold being added, because you have the flag set to true, which means no message.

The default value if you don't specify one is false. So if you want to see the gold added message, remove the flag all together, or make it false.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't know where to ask but my question is directly related to the script tought by this lesson. Here is my choice script:

; pop message box to choose place
if TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show() == 0
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerHighRock)
elseif TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show() == 1
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerHammerfell)
elseif TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show() == 2
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerCyrodiil)
elseif TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show() == 3
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerMorrowindSouth)
elseif TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show() == 4
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerMorrowindNorth)
else
;nothing
endif

It's perfectly functional in game, but there is a problem, if I choose option 4, I must click five times so that the game reacts to it; if I choose option 2, I must click three times so that the game reacts to it, etc. I have the same problem with another choice message, that has less options, three instead of five. This is not normal; I remember using mods whit this kind of messages and clicking on a choice worked immediately. I'm not the only one to experience this, people who use  the mod also have it.

What's going on and what can I do to fix this?

Thank you!

You have a LOT going on. You should not display the message on EVERY single IF condition.

Look at the tutorial. You set a value to the message, then you check the value. You don't display the message every single time you check what the message was.

You also do NOT need the 'else' if your not doing anything in the else.

Try something like this, there may be errors, since I did this from memory.

; pop message box to choose place
button = TempChoosePlaceMessage.Show()
if button == 0
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerHighRock)
elseif button == 1
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerHammerfell)
elseif button == 2
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerCyrodiil)
elseif button == 3
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerMorrowindSouth)
elseif button == 4
Game.GetPlayer().moveto(PlayerStartMarkerMorrowindNorth)
endif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have done the imp button tutorial and it worked first time.  Thanks for that!  I have used it as a means of turning on and off triggers, while I am designing my areas.

Is this a normal enrollment class?  I want to enroll please.

This is an 'abnormal' enrollment class. All you need to do is show a screenie of your button working in the game. No sign up, no mess or hassle. Just good old fun! Oh, and PM a copy of your script to me for grading.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...