DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Class #1 - Start here for Basics

WillieSea

Pardon me for being a little bit late from class... :dizzy:

First of all, I think this gotta be the first time I post on the forums, so I would like to stop and greet you all. Hi everybody!

I have been tinkering with the CK some time, and got it to my head recently to learn scripting. (I've never scripted before -I'm not even very good with math to begin with- but no pain no gain, eh?)

I would like to report that I have completed the homework successfully so I'd like to enroll for a cookie or whatever the reward is :D

I present Zhulf, the lovely button who does the thing, but because just getting free gold would have made me feel like a Cheater Cheatersdottir, I wanted to make it so that she takes something away from the player in return for the handout. :write:

After some hours trying to untangle the CK website (I find it's rather difficult to encode for rookies like me) and a good many trials and errors, it finally seems to work. I put it under spoilers because lotsa pictures and TL;DR.

My character, Rune will demonstrate the homework for me. (I'm glad Barbas didn't eat it...)

The button is in the Dwemer Museum (I originally placed it by the door of Breezehome but that stung right in the immersion, so...)

My character's gold/dragon soul count to begin with, just for reference

Rune is defeated by his curiosity and clicks the unconspicuous button. This is what happens:

At first he indignantly refuses
But eventually he cannot resist the Faustian temptation
Aw damn! Zhulf was not kidding!

With this last image, I would also like to thank you WillieSea for this wonderful tutorial. Very easy to follow & understand. Thanks to you, I feel like I've conquered the first little hilltop on Mount Payrus.

2 questions for the Professor.

1: I added a sound marker to the script as it was discussed in the comments. Something rather interesting happened. When I exchange a soul, the normal muffled thump of an added item happens UNLESS I have already exchanged a soul before and opened up the dialogue very quickly. If I keep selling my souls rapidly after one another, I get the ka-ching on the second transaction onwards every time. If I wait between two sells, I only get the thump. Could I have done something wrong, or should I accept this as a strange fact of life? (I will post the script to you once I have figured out how to format it properly)

2: Could the script be modified in a way that instead of a fixed 1000 septim, Zhulf gives you a leveled amount of gold (for example, what you would get the regular big quest reward LItem) AND recognizes the correct amount of gold in the dialogue?

EDIT: I forgot to add an itsy-bitsy detail hehehe

Much better.

Edited by felroki

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

No, I was just setting up a new script as per instructions. The only thing I can think of is a misspelling somewhere in "ObjectReference".

It's still not working. :( Too bad Bethesda didn't just put a dropdown menu beside "Extends", though I'm pretty sure I have it spelled right. Halp!

Here's the error message.

Edited by Tigersong
picture

• 1 year later...