DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Making Enemies Friends?

CrisG9

I have wondered for a long time and thought i would ask...

is there a spell or a way to make an enemy ..faction, say a bandit or group of bandits stop attacking you and become your friend or at least neutral? i have tried a variety of spells but have had no luck so far, they just keep attacking even after I resurrect them which I hoped might re set their parameters. ....i would welcome suggestions on this even console cheats for I like to make friends instead of enemies....maybe there is a code change i can make for my player faction...but was curious. I was able to get the wildlife to stop attacking me using the Passive Wildlife mod, which helps a lot,..now if i can only change the Bandits and even the trolls, minotaurs and such i can have a peaceful world.

any suggestions very welcome.

Peace :)

ah? ok, i will try that. I also hear that there is a Charm spell that works for a while. but is not permenant. I will have to watch my step or use the CS to change the factions of spawning characters..that is another more laborious option, i might make it a mod, Peaceful Oblvion... ::)

and i am not surprised it wont work on Undead or Daedra, they are pretty grumpy usually ...

thanks Witty :)

Edited by CrisG9

You could make yourself a mod that adds an interfaction relation to the playerfaction of all the other factions you want to be friendly with. I'm not sure just doing that will help though, as attacking NPC's is based on their aggression.

The creatures however, you'd have to change their aggression to get them to stop attacking.

Edited by Hanaisse

I hated this on the console versions. I remember doing a certain Companion quest and I would accidentally hit the person I was saving just once and I received a bounty. No "I'll forgive you this time" or anything.

If this has happened to you, just bring up the console and click on the NPC and type in

resetai
This will restore their aggression/mood to the way it was when it was at default. It's almost safe to use any time, even during quests (if they were in battle, they would react normally and the enemy would trigger the NPC to attack again). I'd still be cautious of when to use it, but yeah. {edit} oopsiesies, you mean natural enemies such as bandits XD you could try
player.setrelationshiprank #
where # represents the value. 0=acquaintance, 1=friend, 2=confidant, 3=ally, 4=lover, -1=rival, -2=foe, -3=enemy, -4=archnemesis. This works on bandit outlaws as far as I know, but not bandit thugs. You may also select a bandit and type
addtofaction 5A1A4 0
This will make a bandit the player's friend. Same rules apply; not all bandits will work with this. If you use
addtofaction E0CD9 0

on yourself, you will become apart of the Bandit faction. This also doesn't alert non-hostile NPC's or gaurds, but the problem is any new set of bandits you come across will simply not attack you.

After you type any of those in, you also want to do the "resetai" function to make their awareness reset as well if they're already aggressive towards you.

Edited by Porscha

Is there a console command that will remove a character, such as a Troll, Minotaur, or Bandit who spawns along the road permenantly? I have tried "remove" and a couple others but not found anything yet that works. I think i saw there was such a command, i will dig but thought to ask here too.

type "Disable" without the quotes.

Be careful of what you disable, though. Random spawning items or NPC's (with generic naming such as "Bandit", "Guard", or even "Dragon") are okay to disable. Just make sure it's a random dragon and not part of a quest.

Edited by Porscha

ah ha, ok and thanks Hana and P ...i will save those for Skyrim which i am getting this week.

ok i will edit the cells in CS and get rid of those pesky monsters...after five years i am tired of having to deal with that minotaur on the road south time after time....and some of the other "old friends' can happily be deleted .....i am tired of my run ti Skingrad being a gauntlet of combat :) Was hard to Date Eyja and have to fight at the same time :)

thanks very much for the help outs.