DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Class Mannequin

WillieSea

Class Mannequin

NOTE: Pictures will be coming soon. I just wanted to get the text basics in here first.

This is still a work in progress.

If you don't want to copy and paste an existing one, and would like to learn how they work, this tutorial will help you out.

You can also attach armor to your mannequin so it shows up on it when you first find the mannequin.

NOTE: Do not rotate any of the objects your placing until you are done building everything. This will ensure everything is facing the correct way while your building it. You can rotate everything together after everthing is built.

First, decide on which cell you want to add your mannequin and load it into the 'Render Window'.

1. Find a place that has no objects to build your mannequin. You will move it into position later.

2. From the 'Object Window', drag the 'PlayerHouseMannequin' from the 'Actors\Actor' folder to the 'Render Window'.

3. From the 'Object Window', drag the 'XMarkerHeading' from the 'WorldObjects\Static' folder to the 'Render Window'.

gallery_85_79_35830.jpg

Second, lets add the activation triggers to the mannequin.

1. Select the 'PlayerHouseMannequin' that you placed in the 'Render Window' so a selection box surrounds it.

2. On the toolbar, click on the 'Create Trigger' button. (Cube with the 'T' inside it).

gallery_85_79_21875.jpg

3. Select 'MannequinActivateTrig' from the drop-down menu and click OK.

:smarty: Smarty Says: Use the 'filter' by typing in the first letters of what your searching for as shown below:

gallery_85_79_17080.jpg

The red trigger box will automaticall cover your selected Mannequin.

gallery_85_79_24666.jpg

:smarty: Smarty Says: If the trigger box does not automatically cover your mannequin as shown, make sure you selected your placed mannequin before you clicked on the trigger icon.

Third, now lets link the references together.

1. You need to select your mannequin again.

:smarty: Smarty Says: If you cannot select it, you can click on the red activator trigger you placed above, and press the '1' key twice. That will make it so you can select your mannequin. Pressing ALT + 1 will make all previously hidden objects re-appear.

:smarty: Smarty Says: You can also press the 'M' key to make the Markers disappear. You can press 'M' again to make them reappear.

2. Double-click on the mannequin to open its properties reference window. Scroll the tabs over until you find the tab 'Linked Ref'.

3. Right-click in that window and select 'New'. The 'Choose Reference' window will open.

4. Click the 'Select Reference in Render Window' button. Your cursor will turn into a white cross-hair when you hover over your XMarkerHeading. Double-click the 'XMarkerHeading' and it will populate this window with your XMarkerHeading.

5. Click the OK button. Now your mannequin will show it is linked to the XMarkerHeading.

6. Now scroll over to the 'Active Parents' tab. Right-click in the tab window and select 'New'. The Activate Ref Selection window will appear.

7. Click the 'Select Reference in Render Window' button. Your cursor will turn into a white cross-hair when you hover over your 'MannequinActivateTrig'. Double-click the 'MannequinActivateTrig' and it will populate this window with your trigger object.

gallery_85_79_21052.jpg

8. Click the OK Button. It will now show your linked to your activator trigger.

9. Make sure the check box 'Parent Activate Only' is checked.

10. Double-click on the 'XMarkerHeading' and on the 'Linked Ref' tab, right-click in the tab window and select 'New'. Add the 'PlayerHouseMannequin' as the reference like you have done before.

gallery_85_79_3941.jpg

11. Double-click on the 'MannequinActivateTrig' and on the 'Primitive' tab, make sure the check box 'Player Activation' is checked.

Lastly, Placing your Mannequin

1. Make sure your mannequin is inside the Activator Trigger box, and make sure those two are inside the XMarkerHeading box. Everything should still be rotated in the default direction.

2. Draw a box around all your newly created mannequin objects to select them all. Now move them into position and rotate them the way you like.

Adding default armor and weapons to your mannequin

1. Drop any piece of armor or clothing in the cell somewhere near the mannequin (so you can find it).

2. Double-click on the armor to bring up its Reference properties window.

3. On the 'Linked Ref' tab, right-click in the tab window and select 'New'.

4. Link the Mannequin you placed to the armor piece.

5. On the 'Scripts' tab, right-click in the tab window and select 'New'.

6. Select the script 'DefaultAddToLinkonLoadSCRIPT'.

7. Click the OK button.

8. You can add weapons in the same way, or by adding them to the 'Inventory' box. The easiest way is to drag the weapon from the Object Window and drop it on the Inventory tab window. Weapons will be auto-added.

You will now see a Green Line going from the armor to the mannequin. When you test your mod, you will see the mannequin wearing the piece of armor or clothing.

Known Issues

1. If the mannequin seems to be alive and freeze in a strange pose after you leave its inventory, just leave the room (cell) and come back. It should be back where it belongs.

2. If the mannequin moves around and hangs out somewhere else, make sure you have a complete navmesh 'under' the mannequin stand. And make sure you have finalized your navmesh.

3. If your mannequin refuses to work, try rotating ALL of the mannequin objects a few degrees. That should fix the issue.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So finally I decided to do this class - and indeed got a working mannequin! Thank you for your tutorial, Willie :)(Do we earn some points for doing this? :D)

Now I have two questions.

First: When I copy the first mannequin, the copy shows a different pose

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O2OWYB2jhsRBOV-k2iTpFaSBub2xUY5NHQotCQASvnc?feat=directlink

( I use the female mannequin replacer mod)

Can I force the mannequin to show a special pose?

Second: During working on this lesson in the CK, these strange arrows appeared which are behaving strangely and hindering the work. Where do they come from, what are they doing and how do I get rid of them?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oyMU0L_Ng8dTFUHlJHLXS6SBub2xUY5NHQotCQASvnc?feat=directlink

1. There is a 'pose' variable on the script (reference properties of the trigger box), but I have not figured it out yet. But I think if you 'clear' it, the default pose should activate. I suppose somebody will learn how or if these are used or useful.

EDIT:

I just checked the scripts, the default pose is a value of 1. The other valid values are 2 and 3.

So, perhaps the mannequin mod your using will randomly set the post to one of those. Or perhaps the vanilla script does it, I did not look too close at it. If you want them all to be the same, you would need to set each mannequin script pose variable to the same number.

2. When you create a triggerbox, that 'feature' activates. I got rid of it once, but don't really know what I did. Usually, what I do is save the mod, exit, then reload the whole thing.

What I would like to know is how to use the clothing on the left, without getting a 'gap' around the neck area.

The mannequin replacer mod seems not to be responsible for the different poses. I deactivated it and the same happened: the first self-created object has the pose with the arms outstretched sidewards, the copy has the pose with the arms hanging down.

In this picture the object to the right is a vanilla mannequin that I had copied before from a vanilla player home.

Then I created two custom mannequins, one male and one female and gave them the race of Nord. First I placed the female (in the middle, arms outstretched), then I copied it and in the copy replaced my female Nord with my male Nord mannequin (on the left side, arms hanging).

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rkjInzNXSB7dwMwieLGgfqSBub2xUY5NHQotCQASvnc?feat=directlink

Then I dared to open the script and found an interesting passage.

(Mercy, I do no understand a word of what is written here!) There are two sentences:

„Player chose to Pose the Mannequin“ - „Player selected to change the pose“

Does that mean the player should be able to change the poses when he activates the mannequin? If so, why does this not work in the game?

Interesting part of mannequin script:

PlayCurrentPose()

self.OpenInventory(TRUE)

;Trace("DARYL - " + self + " Enabling AI since we are adding an item to the mannequin")

; self.EnableAI(TRUE)

; elseif buttonpressed == 1

;Trace("DARYL - " + self + " Player chose to Pose the Mannequin")

; Player selected to change the pose

;Trace("DARYL - " + self + " Enabling AI since we are about to play an idle")

; self.EnableAI(TRUE)

;Trace("DARYL - " + self + " Checking which pose i'm in and playing the next idle/pose")

; if CurrentPose == 1

; PlayIdle(Pose02)

; CurrentPose = 2

; elseif CurrentPose == 2

; PlayIdle(Pose03)

; CurrentPose = 3

; elseif CurrentPose == 3

; PlayIdle(Pose01)

; CurrentPose = 1

; endif

What I would like to know is how to use the clothing on the left, without getting a 'gap' around the neck area.

A gap? Sorry, I cannot help you here, I never had a gap around the neck of NPC or characters. :shrug:

All of that code is 'commented' out. So, it does nothing in-game.

You can manually set the pose by double-clicking on your mannequin, and scrolling the tabs all the way to the right and select the 'script' tab.

Select the script and click the properties button. you can now change the 'pose' number.

I have seen some other people getting the neck gap bug. But I have never seen a fix for it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Known Issues

2. If the mannequin moves around and hangs out somewhere else, make sure you have a complete navmesh 'under' the mannequin stand. And make sure you have finalized your navmesh.

So, we must place a navmesh under the mannequin so that it stays put? Is this still true, two years later?

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I tested it out when I did them for the CK basics houses, nothing has changed, no navmesh the sods will wander off looking for one. It apparently does not have to be a separate navmesh, but I was taking no chances and wanted to be sure the last lot would stay put. Never occurred to me to look here for instructions on doing the mannequins, would have saved a bit of time.

Edited by aussie500

• 1 year later...