DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Script Requests

Tonycubed2

hey, I want to script this magic object to kill the player if they drop or sell it. if anyone has a simple script to do this it would help greatly.

1. On item drop kill player (not when its removed)

2. disallow selling of item.

this is all I have so far and I'm not sure I have it right. I suck at scripting but I try

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
if (Game.GetPlayer().DropObject(ItemProperty))

• 1 year later...

Hi, all. I'm really stuck on making this script and I've ben trying to figure it out for ages, but I'm at my wit's end. I have created a sabre cat follower with the regular khajiit male voice, and he is a follower, not an animal follower. But I have also made him a mount. The issue I have is when you activate him, you both start a conversation and mount him. I need a script that blocks his activation, and forces the player into the follower dialogue with him. The id of the actor can be JRawr for the sake of ease. I'd reeeaaally appreciate a hand here. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi every one well my scrip is simple, im using the survival mod  when you pass a lot of time without sleep you start to alucinated things and few ghosts begin to appear near to you, called boogieman XD i detected a bad programing therer the logic is that you sleep the ghost must be desappear but dont happen, they follow to you at the end of the world if thats happends  being you a low level is a secure dead  and lost many hours of you play because you have to make rollback a previus savegame to sleep and make all again, well i do that when you sleep and feel rest you add a speel called "clear mind" and all undead around you will be dead but i trying many ways but dont work, anyone can helpme with the scrip ?

i  think the better way is :

if getdead zboogie == 1
	set varheal to 0
end

i think the will be a loop cos appear few boogieman, not just one, i loved if someone help me 

• 2 months later...

Good morning everyone.
Now ive been looking for a clue or an answer to this for about a month now. I got a pointer from someone saying that what I want to do can be done by ontrigger enter/exit but I don't know how to set up the script for it. Basically what I'm trying to do is this.....

Have a trigger box that allows the player character and npc's that when they enter it...shower water turns on. THen when they exit the trigger box the water turns off. I tried using the trap pressure plate method but would often break and not function properly. So if any assistance from any pros is possible id muchly appreciate it!! =D

• 4 years later...

Don't really have the time to learn the language in depth,  Looking for help writing a script that will add a form to a container when the player gives the NPC an amount of gold and then adds the equivalent in player gold when removed.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm trying to do. There may be a more simplistic way of achieving the result.

Player Gives gold to Vendor, activated through dialogue.

Gold is added in increments of 1 via a slider

Quick Jumps to 50,100,500,1000,or All

____//// SLIDER \\\\____
                    (+)   =  Shout button 
                    (-)   =  Sprint button

Chest: checks its own contents
;GU stands for Gold Unit.
;Each Gold Unit represents an accumulative form

If Gold added is <50 count by one 
    add form (gold001) x1 up to 49 to Chest

If Gold = 50 
    than = GU
    GU = Add form (CustomCoinPurse)

If Gold >50,<100 
    Than = GU1
    GU1 = Add Form (CustomCoinPurse), + (gold001) x1 up to 49 to Chest

If Gold = 100
    Than =GU2
    Add Form (CustomBag01) to Chest

If Gold >100,<500
    Than = Custom Expression1
    Custom Expression1 = GU2+GU1+GU+(gold001) up to 49
    Add Custom Expression to Chest

If Gold= 500
    Than = GU3
    Add Form (CustomBag02) to Chest

If Gold >500,<1000
    Than = Custom Expression2
    Custom Expression2 =GU3+ GU2+GU1+GU+(gold001) up to 49

If Gold=1000
    Than = GU4
    Add Form (CustomBag03) to Chest

Calculate total Item gold and return value
        Notification "GoldAmount ( ) Deposited"

Add Equivalent in Player Gold  to Player Inventory upon withdrawl from Account
        Notification "GoldAmount ( ) Withdrawn"

Item Restrict Chest Via Form List BankItemsContainerList

- Add (gold001) and GU items to Chest Container as Account Deposit
- Remove (gold001) and GU Items in Chest Container as Account Withdrawal
-Add Equivalent in Player Gold to Player upon withdrawl from Account

• 6 months later...

UPDATE: NOVEMBER 21, 2022 (0336)

We're making some changes to the mod 'n "quest outline" --- will get back to [post] once I know for sure if (and what) assistance will be needed still. 

So sorry about this craziness, 

Punk'n

===== 2♥22 ===== HALL♥WEEN ===== 2♥22 =====

Edited by PunkN
update + edits details regarding my requests for scripting help + signature with Spooky (Halloween) Salutations update

• 8 months later...
On 5/7/2017 at 3:33 AM, Dinzayle said:

Good morning everyone.
Now ive been looking for a clue or an answer to this for about a month now. I got a pointer from someone saying that what I want to do can be done by ontrigger enter/exit but I don't know how to set up the script for it. Basically what I'm trying to do is this.....

Have a trigger box that allows the player character and npc's that when they enter it...shower water turns on. THen when they exit the trigger box the water turns off. I tried using the trap pressure plate method but would often break and not function properly. So if any assistance from any pros is possible id muchly appreciate it!! =D

I don't know about the "onTrigger" details, but I know at least (on a very rudimentary basis) it's possible to do without needing to involve much in the way of scripting... in some ways depending on what exactly you are/are not willing to change with your "pictured ideal" final product that may be able to transcend into "no" scripts at all. But --- again, that depends on the entirety of the details.  I'll put together a Walk-Thru to submit to the "higher-up(s)" here on the site 'n with their approval (and pending any additional comments that may be suggested I add/change to it) I'll return here to let you know.

The one time I can truly say that being one of the more bothersome co-modders has me in the unusual seat of "lucky" after all's said... since finding this will be easy with my own comment/request for aid being just a couple of posts away from yours. :-)

On 7/4/2021 at 4:53 AM, DCSkullFreak said:

Don't really have the time to learn the language in depth,  Looking for help writing a script that will add a form to a container when the player gives the NPC an amount of gold and then adds the equivalent in player gold when removed.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm trying to do. There may be a more simplistic way of achieving the result.

Player Gives gold to Vendor, activated through dialogue.

Gold is added in increments of 1 via a slider

Quick Jumps to 50,100,500,1000,or All

____//// SLIDER \\\\____
                    (+)   =  Shout button 
                    (-)   =  Sprint button

Chest: checks its own contents
;GU stands for Gold Unit.
;Each Gold Unit represents an accumulative form

If Gold added is <50 count by one 
    add form (gold001) x1 up to 49 to Chest

If Gold = 50 
    than = GU
    GU = Add form (CustomCoinPurse)

If Gold >50,<100 
    Than = GU1
    GU1 = Add Form (CustomCoinPurse), + (gold001) x1 up to 49 to Chest

If Gold = 100
    Than =GU2
    Add Form (CustomBag01) to Chest

If Gold >100,<500
    Than = Custom Expression1
    Custom Expression1 = GU2+GU1+GU+(gold001) up to 49

If Gold= 500
    Than = GU3
    Add Form (CustomBag02) to Chest

If Gold >500,<1000
    Than = Custom Expression2
    Custom Expression2 =GU3+ GU2+GU1+GU+(gold001) up to 49

If Gold=1000
    Than = GU4
    Add Form (CustomBag03) to Chest

Calculate total Item gold and return value
        Notification "GoldAmount ( ) Deposited"

Add Equivalent in Player Gold  to Player Inventory upon withdrawl from Account
        Notification "GoldAmount ( ) Withdrawn"

Item Restrict Chest Via Form List BankItemsContainerList

- Add (gold001) and GU items to Chest Container as Account Deposit
- Remove (gold001) and GU Items in Chest Container as Account Withdrawal
-Add Equivalent in Player Gold to Player upon withdrawl from Account

First my only question is "where's the Papy? I'm not familiar with any scripting languages outside of Skyrim / Papyrus since I'm self (and TESAlliance) taught --- however limited my ability to soak in their info. 

Second, the script would handle the Chest Containers, Items FormList and Withdraw Global (I'm assuming is what these bottom 3 lines translate to) via Preferences as well as assigning other mentioned Lists/Globals/etc of that nature. 

I can't speak on behalf of anyone other than my own loud mouth... but Papyrus terms might confuse the smarter ones a lot less which might get you better answers than I could ever hope to provide. Sorry I couldn't help you beyond (honestly-entirely) constructive criticism. If you're anything like me and type faster than my brain can either keep up with or spell, my one greatest suggestion is getting Sublime Text 3 'n setting it up with the necessary plugins available for your individual set-up... best Papyrus-friendly spellcheck I've ever enjoyed using while doing something so "balding".

• 8 months later...

Hi, can I get any help making a script that will copy any NPC into a ghost form of the NPC  but as an follower for the player to have.

I would like it to be a spell that cast with one hand. Shot a ball of light at the NPC and a explosion around the NPC happens spawning a copy of the NPC in the Ghost Form. The player can talk to the NPC and add to faction.

Can anyone help me make a script to do that?

• 7 months later...

Hello! I was hoping to make a script that's conditional on a specific weapon being equipped (let's say Miraak's Sword as an example). When the player attacks with the weapon is equipped it would have a 20% chance to play a certain sound and a 20% to play another sound. Does anyone know what that would look like?

Hello everyone! I am a beginner in game development and I am currently trying to learn C# with Unity. I have been following tutorials and reading documentation, but I am still struggling to fully grasp some concepts. Can anyone recommend any resources or tips on how to improve my understanding of C# and use it effectively in Unity? I would appreciate any advice or guidance from more experienced developers in the community. Thank you in advance!

I have recently started learning C# programming language with Unity, and I have been enjoying the process so far. However, I have encountered some challenges when trying to implement certain game mechanics. Specifically, I am working on a dialogue system for NPC interactions in my game, and I am struggling to figure out how to trigger different dialogue options based on the player's actions.