DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim CK: Getting Wife to live in created house?

Aralore

I'm not 100% sure about this either but I'll post a small bit that I found while searching for the same question/answer.

There is a script named "RelationshipMarriageSpouseHouseScript" that houses information about the Houses after marriage. I would NOT edit this file, but I would try to find a way to "Extend" a new script to work along with the "RelationshipMarriageSpouseHouseScript" script.

As far as extending a custom script, I'm not sure how to you might want to wait for WillieSea for an explanation on extending scripts.

I don't know if we can post Vanilla scripts here so I won't. It shouldn't be hard to find in the X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\ ... (X = the drive letter that you installed steam on)

I will also need to know how to do this later on in my house mod.

Here is something that can be useful:

First, a mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11370

Second, a CK solution:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1351014-adding-spouse-to-new-player-home/

Getting the vanilla spouses to move in was a lot easier than I expected. A couple of people have asked, so I thought I'd share what i did here. If you're new to script or dialogue editing, check the CK Wiki out, for a good introduction. I hope I've included enough detail for this mini-tutorial, but let me know if things don't work or if you have questions.

These steps will allow you to:

+ Get your spouse to move to your new house

+ Get your spouse's AI to do things around the new house

+ If your spouse has a trade, will let the find a job (I think - this is the part I didn't thoroughly test).

PART I: SET UP THE DIALOGUE

1) Find the Quest/Relationship quest "RelationshipMarriageFIN." Go to Dialogue Views: you need to adds dialogue nodes to RelationshipMarriageFINMovingView and RelationshipMarriagePostWeddingView. You'll be doing the same thing in both places, so just repeat the following for each of them:

2) Copy the topic node for one of the other houses and paste them in the same topic area, Be sure to copy all seven response-infos for the seven voice types. Then link them to the original node. You'll need to link each of the seven responses to the "I want to move" node to your new node (see wiki for how to do this).

3) In your new node, change the topic (which is the player's line) to refer to your custom house ("I want us to move to YourHouse"): You don't need a voice for that, so no need to record new voice files.

PART II: THE QUEST SCRIPTS

4) Still in the Quest Editor, go to Quest Aliases. You'll be setting up a new alias for your house. Copy and paste works just fine here, just change the name of the Alias to refer to your house.

5) Double click on your new Alias to set up some functions. In the Factions area, choose factions that begin with ServiceSpouse followed by the closest city and their profession. Since my house was outside Whiterun, I just copied the factions from Breezehome. What I *think* this does, though I haven't tested it for all spouses, is that if they have a trade, like smithing, they'll commute to the smithy in that town. So if you're in the middle of the country, you might not want any factions (or to define your own.)

6) More importantly, on the right bottom of the Alias window is an area for Alias Package Data, which defines what the spouse ai is allowed to do in the house. Double click that to open up a package page. I essentially used one of the existing packages as a template to allow all the basic activities, gave it a new name, and let the CK save it as a new Editor ID. It's important to give it a new name, because you WILL be changing one important thing, and you don't want to accidentally overwrite the ai for a vanilla house. In the first line, the package defines the cell where these things will be allowed to happen. Make sure to have your house's indoor cell selected. Hit OK to save the package, make sure the new package is what shows up on the alias page, and then hit OK on the Alias page to save it.

PART III: BACK TO THE DIALOGUE

7) Almost done! For each of the seven responses (and remember you need to do it for 2 dialogue views), you'll need to add a papyrus fragment. You can essentially begin with what you already copied. But what you will need to do it add a new property for the script fragment, so click on the Script name, then hit properties. You'll be adding a property called ReferenceAlias which you will then define as the alias you created in step 4 (example YourHouse). You can also name the property the same thing. Hit return to go back to the topic info window.

8) You will want to change the script fragment to be:

(GetOwningQuest() as RelationshipMarriageSpouseHouseScript).MoveSpouse(akspeaker, YourHouse)

9) Now, while you can copy and paste that fragment for all seven (14) of the responses, you will also need to manually set the ReferenceAlias property (step 7) manually for each them. A little tedious, but it doesn't take too long.

10) Remember to do this for both dialogue views. One is for immediately after the wedding, the other is for any time during your long, happy marriage. Make sure you've compiled all your scripts and that they don't have any errors. Hit OK on the Quest Editor.

That's it!

Now this will only work for vanilla spouses or custom spouses that use vanilla spouse voices. If you have a custom spouse with new voicing, you'd add an "info" response to the moving topic for both the post-wedding and moving views (which is how you'd get them to move to the vanilla houses, too).

Under Miscellaneous/Idle Markers, you'll find those neat little blue ai squares, that you can put all over your house (appropriate ones, please, unless you like your spouse grazing on the floor). Because of the navmesh bug, your spouse won't always go to them, but once Beth fixes that (I hope), your spouse's package will let them pick animations and activities to do. They'll also use activators like alchemy tables, etc. In my test, I had Argis the Bulwark sweeping the floors in full Ebony Mail. "Yes, dear."

By the way, I'm pretty sure this can work for multiple houses. The only thing I'm nervous about is that linking my new dialogue node to the "I want to move" topic, technically counted as a change to the "I want to move" topic itself. I'm hoping that you can add more than one link through an esp.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...