DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

scripting sleep interruption

Tonycubed2

I found the ck commands for sleep start and sleep finish, even a function for seeing how long a player has slept. But nowhere can I find a way to wake him up bofore the time is up. In m mod Danger Danger I want to cause random encounters when a player is sleeping in the wilds. We had this for Oblivion. Say, a 20 percent chance of bandits attacking, something like that.

A work around I though of is using the endsleep event to insert my script there, then resetting time a few hours to make it look like the sleep was interrupted. But could not find any way to set the time to a past time.

You could use IsPCSleeping to confirm that the PC is sleeping. Unlike Oblivion, WakeUpPC appears to be only a console command, which makes no sense to me at all. If indeed it's only been implemented as a console command, then you'll need to ask the SKSE guys to add it. They can add functions that have been implemented as console commands really easily, apparently.

I found out that sleeping is a quest, and I found the relateted scripts attached to the quest, as well as a sleep package. But I am missing the one thing that calls the event. That counts down time. That is what I need to find. Don't want to use skse, trying to keep this simple for users.

The Dark Brotherhood quest "with friends like this..." was a possible clue, as SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER once you receive a courier note and sleep in any bed you wake up some place else. So they are able to redirect the normal course of sleeping. Spent a couple of hours there, missing the part that checks wether a player is sleeping and transports him. Can't find it. END OF SPOILER

Edited by Tonycubed2