DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim: Invisible spider webs?

ub3rman123

Spider webs appear to only be visible when they're lit by light objects, and go invisible when only seen by ambient lighting or shadow casting lights. Is this realism or a bug? It's hard to make a room festooned with spider webs and keep it dark.

This applies to the webs with green editor markers, the Kit pieces turn black when unlit or by shadow casters.. Which is just as much a problem because it looks bad.

Something else I've noticed is that this doesn't appear to affect vanilla cells. Might be due to their ultra-high ambient light levels, though.

Edited by ub3rman123

You can only have around 4 shadow casting lights from what I hear. Plus the problems they create, I don't use them at all.

But, they show up in my 'unlit' area's too, with only ambient lights. I also have the directional light come from straight up (Z angle of 270 for some reason) so it illuminates the floor instead of a wall.