DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Moving around the render window

sorceress99

I am having trouble moving around the render window. Moving the mouse barely does anything. It jerks and lags or makes no movement at all. It did this last night then it started working again.

Was working fine most of the day, now it started lagging or not moving again. I have no other programs running, only the CS. I have no idea how to fix this or where to look. Any suggestions?

Changing the movements setting, closing and opening the CS, changing interior cells, rebooting the computer, nothing changes. I am running CSE

Hello old friend.. Glad to see you back again, but sorry you're having troubles. Couple of things, check to see if he mouse is clean. Sometimes fuzz get in the laser area and causes weird things to happen. Have you tried just using the CS to see if its isolated to the CSE? If it's wireless try replacing the batteries. Have had similar problems here with battery rundowns and conflicts with other wireless devices on the same frequency. (though I'm pretty sure you checked the last part already)

Only other suggestion I would have is to get a cat. They seem to make mices run better :rofl:

Edited by Arion
  • Upvote 1

Does it only ever happen in the CS? 'Cause the fact that it is intermittent makes me think it's a hardware problem with the mouse itself, either a dying signal (bad cord or faulty USB port) or low power (dying battery if wireless, possibly faulty USB port if not wireless) or full of pet hair (if 20-year-old trackball mouse).

edit: @ Arion, sorry for posting over you, and please get out of my head :rofl:

Edited by Khettienna

I'm going to ask the obvious question first - you are launching the CS through OBSE, right?

Only suggestion I have is to delete the constructionset.ini file located in the C:\(user name)\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder and let the CS regenerate a new one.