DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Stormcloak or Imperial?

Hanaisse

A curious poll on the Civil war  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which side, if any, did you choose in the Civil war?

• Stormcloak rebels
    • Imperials
    • Neither
    • Both

Ulfric did not murder the king! He was challenged in the old Nord ways and lost. Deal with it. :P

If you play as an imperial and talk to Ulfric just prior to executing him, he says something about murder, 'I suppose you could call it that as I knew he was too soft to fight. That was the whole point...' not exact but has the main point. He knew he was a young kid that he could beat...doesnt seem honorable to me.

Personally though my biggest gripe with Ulfric is his racism...given he wants Skyrim for the nords only would he form alliances? Look at how he treats the dunmer and the argonians.

Ive found parts of Skyrim fairly confronting for example do the job for the Jarl of Falkreath and killing the bandits left a bad taste in my mouth I only did it in the end so I could build lakeview manor.

• 4 weeks later...

I've played both sides, but I strongly prefer the Stormcloaks. The Empire has been basically been crumbling apart ever since The Oblivion Crisis and even more since the signing of the White Gold Concordat. It appears as though there won't be an Empire for much longer. If I had to guess, it will probably cease to exist as soon as the Thalmor strike again.

Edited by BlackPete

• 4 months later...

I usually wait a very long time and don't bother to pick a side, but once I do its for the imperials, though I do love to kill thalmor.

The way I see it is like this: Talos was a nord but he was also the one that forged the empire to begin with, and the only reason why the imperials decided to ban the Talos "religion" was to avoid complete obliteration, neither stormcloaks nor imperials are the bad guys, its just those damned thalmor...

I usually wait a very long time and don't bother to pick a side, but once I do its for the imperials, though I do love to kill thalmor.

The way I see it is like this: Talos was a nord but he was also the one that forged the empire to begin with, and the only reason why the imperials decided to ban the Talos "religion" was to avoid complete obliteration, neither stormcloaks nor imperials are the bad guys, its just those damned thalmor...

Agreed. I take GREAT pleasure in wiping out any thalmor patrols I find wandering the countryside. I even took out the group in Markarth, as I got seriously tired of his 'I am better than you.' attitude. Well, now he's dead.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went storm cloak on my first play through, I tried the mediate a peace once and have stuck with Imperial since only because I do not like the out come for Balgruuf the greater when I chose to be a rebel. I still kill Thalmor when ever I get the chance, not high elves in general just Thalmor

• 2 years later...

Imperials, because they cooperate with Thalmor. :>

When I play as Argonian (I do that always when I play first time in any TES game), I'm confused, because both organization are unfriendly for me. Imperals are occupant of Black Marsh, Ulfick... Skyrim for Nords! ;)

But when I play as Altmer, I analyse both sides by Thalmor utility. Stormclocks destabilizes Skyrim, but big rebel is very expensive. Imerials probably don't love Thalmor, but keep our rules, like Talos Cult prohibition.  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It depends on the character I'm playing honestly. I do like the cause that the Stormcloaks are fighting for, but, if I'm playing a Dunmer or Altmer, I obviously can't really side with them. I also don't side with them if I play an Argonian or Khajiit just because I feel like beast races might not be so welcome. Otherwise, I'll side with the Stormcloaks for the most part.