DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Planet Elder Scrolls (PES) Going Offline

Arthmoor

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1363941-planetelderscrolls-will-no-longer-support-new-files-from-the-1st-of-may/

Someone linked that through on a Nexus post. It appears as though PES is about to tank coming in May, saying they will no longer accept new files. That doesn't just affect Morrowind either. That's going to be site wide due to IGN layoffs. That could mean problems for Oblivion modding as well since it's one of the few places to find things like Qarl's Texture Pack.

What makes this worse though is that it appears as though file downloads via the PES pages are all fubar. They are downloading into the browser as text rather than as proper archives. So it may already be too late to do anything here.

I don't know how many of us here care, I only used them as a mirror, but there it is. At least there's notice, for whatever that's worth.

I know it says they're only going to stop accepting new files, but since there will be no tech staff, the site will be living on borrowed time once May rolls around.

Apy from PES responded on the forums regarding the situation with PES. Quoted frm the the Offical forums

Just decided to chime in here and add an official statement from the ‘PES guy’

I’m sorry that some confusion has arisen over the question whether Planet Elder Scrolls will shut down or not. It won’t. There’s two main issues right now:

1.IGN has laid off support staff. That means Planet Elder Scrolls is not getting much technical support anymore and issues (such as the Hall of Fame selection system not working) are not always getting fixed.

2.I started working on Planet Elder Scrolls (then Morrowind Summit) in 2001, when I was still in school. Over the years, as I moved to university and then to a fulltime job, I have had less and less time spend on the site.

Concretely, starting on May 1, the following will happen:

1.I will no longer personally approve content. This means new content may, or may not be, approved. I’ll try to find people who are willing to take over, but I cannot guarantee that new content will timely appear on the site.

2.Large files will no longer be added by me. Our large files upload procedure involved me manually adding them to entries. I will either try to find someone else to do this, or you can choose to upload your file to Fileplanet and edit your entry with a link to Fileplanet.

I’ll be on the lookout for someone to take over at least the approval of mods and adding large files. As the site will not be taken offline, extensive backup procedures won’t be necessary right now. However, as my involvement will end later this month, I won’t be able to support any undertakings after that date.

Edited by Arion

Well the good news is, DarkOne has said NMM will soon get Morrowind support and the content will be getting separated from Oblivion into its own section. It'll just be up to people hosting their stuff at PES to decide to start mirroring elsewhere, which they should have been doing anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That doesn't just affect Morrowind either. That's going to be site wide due to IGN layoffs. That could mean problems for Oblivion modding as well since it's one of the few places to find things like Qarl's Texture Pack.

What makes this worse though is that it appears as though file downloads via the PES pages are all fubar. They are downloading into the browser as text rather than as proper archives. So it may already be too late to do anything here.

I don't know how many of us here care, I only used them as a mirror, but there it is. At least there's notice, for whatever that's worth.

I know it says they're only going to stop accepting new files, but since there will be no tech staff, the site will be living on borrowed time once May rolls around.

You still can download mods on FilePlanet if you can wait before the page is up, but I wouldn't rely on that to long instead I'm gonna to look into the permission of Qarl's Texture Pack plus for other mods too.

http://www.fileplanet.com/41160/0/section/Elder-Scrolls-III:-Morrowind

http://www.fileplanet.com/106626/0/section/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-The-Shivering-Isles-

http://www.fileplanet.com/116272/0/section/Elder-Scrolls-V:-Skyrim

This confirms the broken links on PES.