DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Laptop Screens

I`ve got a friends Toshiba laptop in front of me that displays a solid white screen when switched on. I can attach the machine to my spare monitor and can see the display fine so it`s not the graphics chip. After removing the lcd and reseating all connections I`m still getting the same bright white light on the laptop display. The question is - lcd, inverter board or both.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I dont have another laptop handy that I`m prepared to pull apart to try it`s lcd :D

A new lcd prices at £65 including postage and after a phone call, the supplier will throw in an inverter board for £5 which is half price so I have both bases covered :)

That would be a safe way to go. Makes sense to me to replace the lcd and inverter board as a set. I have read several instructions on line by googling the make / model / lcd issues...and they all speak of being very gentle with the connectors as the terminals can be very fragile.

I'm make it easy for you..... Replace the LCP panel and the inverter is NORMALLY included..... And since its a Toshiba, you might get a better price if you pull the panel and look at the manufacturer and part number and search with that information. Generally you're looking at 15 minute job if you've done this before.. Maybe 30 minutes if not and you're being carefull. You should also be able to find the service manual with instructions and graphics in a step by step proceedure online as well. Makes it a lot easier.. Recommend doing that so that you can pull the panel to find the information.

If you need help give me the make and model number of the laptop and I'll dig around for you.

Edit... Guess I should have read further down to see that you already have this well in hand.

Edited by Arion

Parts arrived this morning and managed to get round to working on this tonight. Screen came out in a matter of minutes and the new one fitted just as quickly after a bit of hassle with the invertor board connector. Plugged the graphics lead in and voila, as good as new. All in all a very simple job, not like the first laptop I took to pieces a few years ago. :rolleyes:

Many thanks for everyones input.